Using recyclable materials for potted plants that you sell

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In this pandemic era there is a hype on gardening that there are some groups of plant lovers called Plantito and Plantita. Selling garden materials and plants is now getting common and I believe it is profitable especially when you use recyclable materials. A herb that is planted in a soda bottle can be sold for $2. Yeah, small amount but the capital is much smaller.

DSC00143 coke bottle.JPG

The soda bottle can be used instead of the plastic pot for the herb or even for vegetables. Cut the bottle in half to separate the top with the bottom. The top is inverted and placed back on top of the bottom part as can be seen in the picture. That simple procedure can give you almost unlimited pots provided there is an unlimited supply of empty soda bottles which can be the big one or even the small one depending on the plant that you will use it for. And to make it attractive to the buyers, you can paint the bottle to give it an artistic look.

Briangsam

There are so many household items that can be repurposed as plant pots. For examples, Colanders. Colanders are not only useful for draining: they are great used as alternative hanging flower pots.
Tin cans. Instead of placing empty cans in the recycling bin, give them a new purpose with a simple upgrade.
Tea pots, Muffin tins, An old sink and Plastic bottles can all be repurposed.

Samuel72

Verified member
Overtime people have started recycling household items for different purposes this is a good way of reducing unnecessary expenditure. Like you stated out in your post use of soda cans for gardening herbs, it is really a brilliant idea instead of buying expensive gardening pots one can move around look for soda cans and recycle it. This is really cool.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I like your post they are always very comprehensible and top notch. This is yet another masterpiece information from you. It is very important to recycle materials as it will help erasing environmental pollution and also be able to create employment for so many people. Recycling of materials is not very popular in this part of the world and it's potentials has been neglected

Ralphjoe

Actually a lot of people are making use of recycle materials to make money in fact what I do is that most items that are spoilt beyond repairs are always gathered in a room in my house until whenever I need to recycle them, I'll just take them straight to the company and they will pay me for them. This way I wouldn't lose much from even using the scrap materials but I will still make money from selling them off to the companies in which the companies can use them again to manufacture another brand new goods.