Very high salaries for young, inexperienced people

niche

Verified member
The mainstream media and other social media sources are reporting that companies are paying very high salaries for fresh graduates from some colleges, even if the college is not very reputed. These graduates or professionals have almost no experience , their knowledge and judgement will not be very good, yet they are paid $1000-$3000 monthly. On the other hand, people with 30+ years of experience, are struggling to get work, they do not even make $300 monthly, though they are hardworking, skilled. Some people claim that the high salaries are paid to fresh graduates because they are well connected, relatives and friends of top officials, in a sophisticated form of bribery. What do you think is the reason why some inexperienced young people are paid very high salaries?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well, high paying jobs depends on many factors. Though connection plays a major role with it too. Some people are just born into a family that a job is waiting for whenever they graduate and this will be a high paying job. That's what the highly placed individuals do. They are always there' to pave way for their generation. So you see a father heading a ministry and on the verge if retirement the son takes over. This is not as if this is a private job that you think the company belongs to the father. No, this is a public office that is being run like a family affair.

So wealth continues to be circulated in that family. So even one with a first class and better skills find it difficult to break into this. So it isn't just about one being a fresh graduate you need the connection to be able to get these jobs.

Kjasamoah

Well, I believe it all circulates favoritism and corruption. I give thumbs up to AUGUSTA on his reply. That's actually what's happening these days. Government official work is handled as family affairs, even considering our political leaders, especially in Africa: people are appointed as ministers based on the contributions they have made to the party, not the skills or experience in leadership taken into consideration. This has become the major cause of drawback for many countries in the world since the same favoritism made on behalf of this political minister will continue in its trend to the appointment of employees.

niche

Verified member
Yes, the internet sector in some countries has high levels of nepotism and government jobs are reserved for the friends and relatives of top officials who get monthly government salaries only for faking bank account, domain ownership while the real domain investor is slandered so that he or she makes very less money, despite working very long hours. The tech and internet companies are also supporting the banking, financial, domain ownership fraud, since they do not want to upset top officials.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
To be honest, I have no idea that some inexperienced young people are paid very high salaries. In my opinion, this is not fair because there are so many people around the world that work hard every day to cover their needs and the needs of their family. These people do not earn much money but they have to work in order to survive. Hope that things will get better for everyone soon.

E

eldavis

Well I don't know much about this, but I do know here in my country it's pretty difficult to secure a good paying job, be it that you are a fresh graduate or a candidate with years of experience. In most cases connection is usually needed before you can secure a good paying job. This is why you see people with a lot of talents being wasted, while does with little to no talent are found in high positions.

niche

Verified member
Well I don't know much about this, but I do know here in my country it's pretty difficult to secure a good paying job, be it that you are a fresh graduate or a candidate with years of experience. In most cases connection is usually needed before you can secure a good paying job. This is why you see people with a lot of talents being wasted, while does with little to no talent are found in high positions.
Thank you for your very honest reply that connections are required to get a job which will pay well. This problem is faced in many countries in Asia where corruption and nepotism levels are high, merit, work ethic and skills do not matter. While you are honest that connections are important , at least you do not face any censorship, in some countries, people who complain online about job reservations for friends and relatives of officials, politicians are also facing harassment, do not get paid work