Weirdest Ways To Make Money?

goodmoneygoodlife

I'm curious if you guys have heard of unusual ways / side hustles to make money? Namely, the more 'weird' or 'unusual' your technique is to make money, the less competition you'll have. And the less competition = more market share. The tradeoff is, a job might be uncommon precisely because the market's so small.

So doing a weird / uncommon job is a tradeoff between:
1. Taking tons of market share vs.
2. The market being small.

I've no clue how to best do that tradeoff. However, I've done some research on odd jobs that might be of interest:
1. Being a professional mourner. These are paid actors that cry at funerals. And pay ranges from $30/hr to $1000+ per funeral (but you have to be a really good actor, I assume).
2. Being a busker, or playing music in the streets. I live in NYC and saw a busker play some drums in a train for ~30 seconds and got like $5 out of it. Then he ran to the next car and did the same thing. Seems quite profitable.

What about you? Have you heard of any weird jobs / tried out any uncommon jobs that pay well?

I never heard or learned about being a professional mourner where you simply have to mourn in another person's funeral service simply for monetary reward. Being a professional in such kind of fields in real life is weird for me, I only see that in movies where people mourn for money or perform some kind of acts during funeral services to earn their own fair share of money. Such is happening real.too, where many skilled individuals are hired to display their talent and get paid after the job, I need seen anything like professional mourner in my locality before during anything called funerals. It is very good that I learned such from you, even if it never existed before in my notice. To be frank their are some kind of job I wouldn't find enough happiness doing, simply because I want to earn money. I wouldn't do such either, no matter how much I'm suffering financially, I'll work hard to make money with alternative choices that are better which I'm also passionate for and not the kind of job that I'm never passionate for. Passion is what motivates me doing the kind of gigs I'm doing online to earn money.

LoL these are indeed weird jobs but unfortunately they are not common here in my location, infact I don't think most of them even exist, I have heard of these so called actors, they make money not by acting on movies or dramas but they do their acting on real life events they are some they even pay to pretend as boyfriends or girlfriends, just for a particular occasions, these things are not common here in my country.

There was once a local movie about professional mourners in my country. Apparently, some cultures have traditional practices and beliefs surrounding the death and the memorial services of a departed relative. The family hires professional mourners during the wake and on the internment day itself. These mourners have to cry on cue so imagine the great acting ability these people have to possess in order to do it.

You would think that food tasters existed only during monarchical periods in our history. They were hired to ensure that the monarchy's food and drinks were not laced with poison and other toxic substances. Nowadays, some very rich people in my country still hire food tasters for the same reason. Now, some dogs are even luckier if their owners can pay for dog food tasters. I wouldn't be too happy with either of these jobs no matter how high-paying they turn out to be.​

It is not as if that I am trying to say that the poster might not be right in some ways or the other but if you ask me, I believe that every way or any way you choose to make money is weird in one way or another and this is because every investment in this world has its own risk, so when you hear people tell you that you can make money in some so easy ways without having any form of risk, you should call yourself to order because when it is starting to sound too good to be true then the danger it entails is way more bigger than you can ever imagine

Yeah, it think you're right about that. If actually a making money method is weird enough just like you've said, then their might be less competition in that field and what you have just made mention of is not even that rampant around here.
Your money making method mustn't be that weird, it just needs to be different and unique because if you spend your whole life doing common and regular stuff then you will end up earn a regular salary which in most cases won't make you financially independent or stable.
I for one haven't seen these kind of business and I even doubt if some weird businesses like you've said will be morally acceptable here in my country or let's say locality.

Well I have heard those weird ways before.... Professional Mourners have been around for a while now. They require their services when the deceased didn't have families to mourn on his/her demise. And this people are being paid to cry and feel sad during the burial.

I have heard some people sells the pictures of their feets for money and also some other parts to make money. I'm not really concern much about those sellers but I think in a different way towards those buyers lol!

Well the one you just mentioned is somehow weird, even the weiredness
the possibility of earning money is still there is a great.

The only one I know that is weird being paid online to lose weight , I don't even know how the platform really work and how people are being paid to do this, because losing of weight is always an individual decision then how come a some group of people online takes the responsibility of paying someone to lose his or her weight..

I know there are quite different ways people can make money online and offline in an unbelievable ways,

if I am really interested to make money online which I am I wouldn't even consider to look for an opportunity to make money in this ways but I would rather go for Ways which I know I will be able to make money confidently

Some weired ways people are really making money online is horrible and I wouldn't even like to engage in it although they are legal and the government don't see anything wrong with it... Because that is the most important thing , For as long as it is legal and does not cause any harm to a single individual then they are ok to do for those that have interest.

There are funny ways people are employed in to make money online. I am going to highlight some I experience why I am trying to look for something that will make me extra income online.

One of the widest ways to make money online I've ever seen is seeing people dancing.

There was a time I was browsing through one of the foremost freelance marketplace to discover the next service I am going to buy for my online business.

I saw a gig on fiverr in which the person said he is going to compose a song and dance in the beach for anyone to make them laugh.

This sounds funny to me but the truth is that this person has received over 3000 orders on his gig at $10 for the minimum one. If my calculation does not feel me it's means a person has made over 30,000 dollars just singing and dancing for people.

Another one I saw on the platform is people who claim to be wizard and they are ready to do rituals for the clients in order to see what they are looking for. one even claim that he can cast a spell on your ex so that he or she will come back to you.

Lol, I never knew that people can make a living being professional mourners. That is quite very weird because I have not seen such in this part of the world. I mean does it really make sense for people to be paid in order to mourn for someone who is demised?.
There are several weird ways in which people use to make money on the internet and also offline and one of such I have seen is a lady who is actually into dancing. She would be going from Street to street dancing for people and they will pay her money, I see that as very weird because she's actually a good dancer. I almost paid her to dance for me though but I had a little change of mind but of course she makes good amount of money from it. One thing about this is that it is not really competitive because you wouldn't see a lot of people don't you such.
There are also a lot of people who are into dancing online and they're quite make some good amount of money but that one of offline fascinates me because she's not even ashamed to go from place to place a dancing for people.

Buy my own definition of what you mean by " weirdest ways of making money online " I believe you mean un thinkable and unbelievable ways of making money online . As the days goes by new money making tricks and strategies are being brought up into the system of online money making . To be part of this system you might be requested to invest or not to invest in some cases well whatever the case may be some weirdest ways of making money online I have encounter include:

1. Getting paid to read SMS : as unbelievable as it is websites like MCmoney.com is a website and also an app that allows people to get paid by reading random messages . In my first encounter with this app , I made minimum of $20 within 1 month which is quite hard but insane .

2. Get paid to listen to music : there is a website that is kind of popular today known as shopify.com this website allows it uses to earn money by listening to music of their choice , think about it listening to music is considered as one activity almost everyone indulge in , so there scenario of getting paid to listen to music is quiet insane and weird but believable . Although I have not used the shopify app or website . various individuals says the website is a legit one .

The word weird may sound derogatory because there is always dignity in work no matter what we choose to do. There is no yardstick to measure the length at which people can go when it comes to fending for themselves. I have heard of people who perceived armpits of another person and get paid for that. All works are weird in the long run if well proven.

Though, I have never seen mourners before but undertaker is what I have seen and very common in my country. Mourners may not be wierd to me per say maybe because I am seeing from the angle of making money. We have people that allow different people to sleep with them just because they need to eat while others may even allow them to be involved in adult film all in the name of looking for money. Will they see their means ad being weird? I doubt the answer is no.

There was a man in my country that only deals with recycling of feaces and he's making cool money from it. I doubt it is weird to you but to him all work is work in ad much it doesn't go against the laws of the land