what are the things to know and do before starting a school business?

funmi

Verified member
I have seen many schools rise and fall. I usually admire standard schools and I hope to own mine one day, but what I discovered is that it is not easy to set up a school business as it is very tasking and challenging. At times, to start a school in Nigeria with name one must be very financially buoyant enough.
I will like to learn and know how to start up a school, what and what are the requirements?; What are the expectations of the parents, how can some one employ a good and qualified staffs into the school?
This and many more questions I will like to know and learn about starting a good school.
I will appreciate your sincere contributions. Thanks.

Do you really want to start a school business?? If yes, the following factors should be considered by you and execute before going into the business of owning a school. They are as follows;

* Acquire basic knowledge about your business.

* You must be knowledgeable enough; meaning, you need to know how the system works. Seek mentorship to those who operate on such kind of business to lecture on what to do.

* Have a reasonable capital to start it up.

* Operate in a recognise location, and conducive environment.

*Consider registering it, to bear a license badge.

School business can be started anywhere as far as you have a good location with population to start with, most important thing you need to consider is research first,research will give you an understanding of how and what it will take for you to manage the school, getting the best teachers into the school is one of the important factors you must consider.

Starting a school here in Nigeria is a difficult one now because firstly you would need an approval by the education board. I don't know for other countries. Which means you have to meet up with every requirements that would be listed out. Then you need a good space, qualified teachers and money to run it. It is capital intensive

I believe the location and standard will determine how successful or long lasting the school will be. The location will most likely determine the kind of student will get and the expectations, the standard of the school will now determine the longetivity and if you will get students from far and wide, because people will not be willing to attend a far away school with low standards.

I just need to get started in a location that is highly populated,this is the first thing and your school must be registered with the appropriate government organisation before you are eligible to operate school legally depending on the country you are,you really need a budget to pay the teachers until the school is able to generate income for the smooth running.

My uncle bought a hectare of land in a far suburban area so many years ago. He has a doctorate in education and his only son also took up an education course. After sometime my uncle built a small building for a high school. It was managed by his son as the principal. Now the school is big and has a population of a thousand students. If you are not related to an education course then you are not fit to start a school business.

In my place school business is considered lucrative, however, it will take 2-3 years before you reach the breakeven point and you will need additional 2-3 years to actually take your school business to the profit level. School business is a slow earner, but less risky compared to other businesses. You need a lot of investment