What Are Your Money Values? How To Define Them For Yourself

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Are you worried that money is just a number?

Or do you feel like it's your biggest source of power, but also the thing that can most easily break your heart?

If so, then you're in the right place. In this article, I'll show you how to define your money values for yourself and start living the life you want.

Most people have no idea what their values are until they're actually forced to think about it. If you've ever had a conversation with yourself where one person was talking while another person listened, and then someone switched roles, that's a good way to come up with an answer to this question: What is important to me?

It might seem strange at first but ask yourself what would happen if I lost my job tomorrow? What would I do if my partner left me? What if no one liked me anymore? And how would I feel about that?

You don't have to answer these questions now but try thinking about them anyway! They'll help guide the answers to other questions later on down the line.

Money values are a big part of why we have so much trouble with money. We have to be intentional about how we value it, because when we don't, we end up giving it away to things that aren't even good for us.

It's important to define your money values and then identify the things in your life that are worth giving up for. For example, if you're spending $50 per month on lattes, it may be time to cut back on those lattes and start investing in better coffee.

Think about what is most important to you and make sure that you are valuing those things correctly.