What business can one do in a local area that will be profitable?

The type of business will depend on the locality and the need of people in that locality. That said, you can run a business regardless of your environment but you must have a marketing strategy in place. This will help to mitigate against having goods that will bring little value for money.

Anything that has to do with food record higher sales in the rural areas than selling modern products or merchandise like automobile, solar system, electronics etc. People pay attention to what the body will consume like food than accessing the electronics or merchandise. Do dealing on restaurant business, livestock, food stuffs, and other farm produces increases sales in the rural areas.

In a local place where people are mostly farmers or Petty traders one can engage in a business like selling foodstuffs and food related items I'm still engaged in agriculture planting and selling farm produce

Livestock farming business can bring you income in the rural area if you love it and passionate about livestock. You can still do it in a small scale way, within your environment. You breed many species of livestock and give them proper care and attention to grow big. Livestock's like pig, goat, grass cutter, rabbit, chicken, fish etc.

You should target your local market whats the demand. If you provide those things to your consumers then your business will shine in your local area

If you live in a rural area and you have a parcel of land that is appropriate for farming then it is a good idea to hire people to do the farming for you. However, the wages that you pay the workers may not be commensurate to the harvest if ever the harvest is not bountiful. My suggestion is you try in small areas only like half a hectare for farming so you can get a clear estimate of the expenses.

Selling of pure water is or opening a water factory in any location is always highly profitable because as far as we all know people need water everyday to survive and you will have the maximum patronage if your water is of good quality, even rearing a chicken is also a good business in the local communities.

They are different type of business you can establish or operate in a local area, before starting up a business you need to know all the people who live around there really like what they do and lots more, since you're setting up your business in a local area, you want to go for a big business, I suggest you get a small provision shop, will you sell garri, rice beans okro and small stuffs like that, knowing that even if it is in the local area people will buy most of these things so as to feed themselves.

There are many businesses you can engage in at local areas and that will be profitable. Though the choice of business will be determined by the inhabitant of the place but I will try to list some businesses that trend in all areas regardless of the people that stay there.

Among these businesses is point of sale business. It is lucrative and can sell in all areas whether local or not

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Some time now have been thinking about the business I can do that will yield me good profit.
In other to save my time I now went to one of my friend to seek advise because he is a professional Accountant and he know more about business .
When I got their he then told me that I should start farming business, how?
He told me that I should just go there and make finding about they are doing it,latter I can just raise little money to hire labourers to cultivate for me and to plant some things there.

What I just need to be doing is to go there spray the grace and go back home. That by the time of harvest I will be able to sell the farm produce and make a lot of money there.

My question is that ,is the business good in that local area. You opinion is important .

Some time now have been thinking about the business I can do that will yield me good profit.
In other to save my time I now went to one of my friend to seek advise because he is a professional Accountant and he know more about business .
When I got their he then told me that I should start farming business, how?
He told me that I should just go there and make finding about they are doing it,latter I can just raise little money to hire labourers to cultivate for me and to plant some things there.

What I just need to be doing is to go there spray the grace and go back home. That by the time of harvest I will be able to sell the farm produce and make a lot of money there.

My question is that ,is the business good in that local area. You opinion is important .
It all depend on the environment condition of the area the business is cited, because what moves market in one local area may not move in another area. He need to study the way of life of the people living in that particular area; their likes and dislikes, before deciding on the next step to take.

Doing a business in a local area requires less technicalities and stress,most business ranges from provision shops, marketing agricultural residues and even running small recharge card business. To make the best use of your locality business it's imperative that you act as a middle man distributing products across the satellite town and villages.

Agribusiness is a very good and profitable business idea but it is not as easy as your professional accountant made it look like. There is more to farming than just hiring labourers and spraying grasses. If you dont have the farming skill and experience, you will suffer loss, the crops may not even sprout at all. Hire an expert that will put you through, if possible, put the person in charge of management.

There many simple business to be done or to set in a local area which can be profitable to you..like
Communication center, small scale provision store, phone accessories book shops Close to schools and lot more.
And also buying of farm product from the farmers of the area in other to store it for a short term is also a business to do in a local area.

Local area can also be regarded as rural area or village. There are some local areas where they lack access to banking services. In such location, one can set up a business of agent banking there. This services include opening of bank accounts, cash deposit, cash withdrawal, bill payment, airtime top up and data subscription.

Roadside Food StandOr you could sell products or homemade food items at your own roadside stand, as long as you have a place along a main thoroughfare. If you have the ability to sew and alter clothing, you could start your own clothing alterations business and have people send or bring you their items for alteration. If there aren’t a lot of shoppers in your area, it might not be feasible to set up a full retail store. But you could potentially start your own mobile retail store in a camper or similar vehicle and then sell items at fairs or events in the area.

Having consider the locality and checking the availability of funds, access to major road, the needs of the final consumers, the market structure and security, I think you should be able to know the kind of services to render in such locality. You can also consider the introduction of basic human amenities to survive every day. Check for hospital, good water and capitalized on that.