What Can We Do To Stop Child Labour?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
We all need to settle and make money. We all tend to do this by setting a career in our life. Most of us try to pursue higher education and start working when we become young. However, there are many people who have been working since they were children. Child labour is a very common problems in many kind of countries. In my country, children were employed by people such as mechanics in their garages and shopkeepers also employ children as helpers. I am sure this is not only a problem in my countries. I think child labour is also a very big problem in Africa. these children are not paid what they deserve and instead of getting educated, they end up spending time earning money. So, What Can We Do To Stop Child Labour?

I recently love a new law just passed in Benin Republic, the country has recently legalized abortion. These will curb the rate by which people have unwanted pregnancies to have unwanted children. We can only solve the problem of child labor and by giving birth to number of children we can only raise.

People are very exploitative in nature. They will always want to do things that will bringing more gain for them with less effort. This is the reason why business owner continue to look for a way to source for cheap labours despite making huge profit in the business. These are the reason why child labour is common. I think government should check into this and make laws to prevent it.

The main reason behind child labor is poverty. When the parents cannot feed the kids, they send the kids to work so that they can at least fill up their bellies. Another reason for child labor s cheap labor. People and businesses do not have to pay high salaries for kids.

One of the ways in which child labour can be stopped is for government to come up with a law that will punish whoever engage in it severely. People will engage in child labour if the economic situation of the country is not good. People will find it difficult to feed their children. I was so sad see a little girl of school age Hawking bread around the street in my area.

In some countries especially the advanced countries, child labour is not something that you can escape with of you engage in it. But in most developing countries, the government has not made any strict law to stop this act. Seeing smal children engaging in some hard menial jobs makes my heart sinks

It is parents from the poor family that sends out their children to be used as slaves and as workers as you just mention, I think it is the best that government makes rules that people should only have the amount of children they will be able to educate, this should be a serious rules and regulation of every country and if the parents are not able to educate their children into the university then they should be arrested.

@Sotherefore you raised a good point in your comment. I think there should be a law that address child labour as a big crime and it should attract strict punishment. Another thing is that some people are very irresponsible and are not ready to take care the children they give birth. The sad thing is that this set of people like to give birth to babies regularly.

@Sotherefore you raised a good point in your comment. I think there should be a law that address child labour as a big crime and it should attract strict punishment. Another thing is that some people are very irresponsible and are not ready to take care the children they give birth. The sad thing is that this set of people like to give birth to babies regularly.
Even the one that involves sending of children out into the traffic light to sell sachets water and other things should will be eradicated and government should arrest the parents of those children because it is not the responsibility of children to provide food for the family... Government should try as much as possible to arrest such backwards parents who have failed their responsibility.

@Sotherefore that is the reason why we have government. Those parents that involved in selling their children two hawk on the street should be arrested just like you said. while the government are making laws to eradicate this bad behaviour from the people, they should also not forget to carry out their responsibility. They should create an environment for robust economy that gives everyone chance to make money without going through the hardship.

@Sotherefore that is the reason why we have government. Those parents that involved in selling their children two hawk on the street should be arrested just like you said. while the government are making laws to eradicate this bad behaviour from the people, they should also not forget to carry out their responsibility. They should create an environment for robust economy that gives everyone chance to make money without going through the hardship.
Well even though the government has also failed to play their part in caring for the citizen of the country but there is no excuse that their parents are going to give out because Africa is one the most unexplored continent in the world , there are still a lot of opportunities for people to make use of, we are not alike most developed country that has stable both in economy and in technology.

Parents from poor families are the ones who send their children out to be used as slaves and workers, as you mentioned. I believe it is best if the government makes rules that people should only have the number of children they can educate. This should be a serious rule and regulation in every country, and parents who are unable to educate their children to university level should be arrested.

Many people have stated that the government should do something in order to stop child labour. However, I believe that the government alone cannot solve this problem. I think many organizations like NGOs can also play a crucial role to stop child labour. Moreover, the society should also play a role to stop this thing.