Shares/Stock What do you choose between small and large companies?

greenieS

Verified member
Let's say you want to invest in a company right now. In which company would you like to invest to have a share and a certain profit in the short or long term?

Would you like to invest in Amazon, Ebay, Google for example or would you like to invest in a small company just opened on the market but with a great future in your eyes?

This is a very good question, I would like to hear your views on this. :)

Many will say that they want to be part of Google, Amazon, Tesla, Ebay, etc. but I don't know how much work needs to be done in the middle to get there and after you get there, to resist that position.

I honestly would like to invest in a new company that has a future in my eyes and I can make good money from it.

General01

I would as well like to invest in the new company if it saw it has the potential to rise

Mind you,The chances of a new company to fail is very high. So one has to be careful and wise before investment

greenieS

Verified member
I would as well like to invest in the new company if it saw it has the potential to rise

Mind you,The chances of a new company to fail is very high. So one has to be careful and wise before investment

That's right, but of course you won't invest in any new company you see first. You are a little interested in it, see what it can do, what it brings in the future and if everything goes well in your eyes, you invest.

D

Deleted member 28127

Most of people may choose large companies while it is sometimes a wrong choice due to large database of similtanous investors means you have to invest bigger money to have same results as investing on small company but it is respected as choice because they think small company can rapidly close up or lose money however big company have reserve in case of losing they are using their reserve in order to prevent failure or have experience how to handle the hard moments. It stays a choice of investor to choose this or this or alternate between them to maximise his chances to win.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I'll invest with a small company, because they're more liquid, they're flexible and also there's a high chance that the stocks will skyrocket, I mean think on Uber back In 2010 imagine you bought their stocks then, you would've been in money now, Uber stocks are one of the stocks that made Jay Z a billionaire, so you need to really make your research on companies that are coming up another point is these companies are still collecting funding from investors so there's a chance of high investor coming in to buy a large stake which will skyrocket the company's valuation, there are many reasons why one should invest in smaller companies with potential.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In our stock exchange the companies that are accepted for the trading of their stocks are usually corporations with big capitalization. If a small company will join the stock market it has to pass with such requirement which means there are no small companies in our stock market.

When it comes to choosing the stocks I guess it would depend on your discretion and priorities. If you are inspired by stories that a person got rich in trading a particular stocks, I guess you are on the wrong side of the road. That happened in crypto trading when word came out that billionaire Elon Musk bought a billion worth of Bitcoin. That jacked up the market price but later on the price in the market went back to normal.