What If the market is not trending

Tactical

Each trader has their own preference in this matter. Some traders like to see the market trending and that is what makes trading profitable for them. While other traders prefer a stable market without major movements and trade accordingly. If a trader is good at forecasting trends and earning profits by that then they would love to see a trending market all the time.

glabella

As a trader, you may already understand that sometimes the market may not trend before you pick a trade. Now, you have to also be able to spot the pattern in an uptrend or downtrend using technical analysis. You just got to analyze the market and wait until you spot a trend that works in your favor to profit.

Fartsdump

I trade with a mean reversion strategy when the market is not trending. This strategy is suitable for traders who wish to trade in a choppy market. However, beginners should stay away from this strategy as it is quite risky. I have years of experience and I know how to handle the situation without making losses.

Neuroid

Then hold your assets and wait till the demand or supply increases and only then, make a move after scanning the risk prospects. You need to be sure and save as much as you make. Some traders trade only during hours where the market isn’t upwards or downwards but sideways, it is the most risky.

Diapason

If the market isn’t trending, is it still your plan to continue placing bets? Sometimes, when this happens, the market shifts sideways, increasing risk but traders do make moves and win. It is not an easy path and a lot of research has to be done in order to understand the analysis involved in reading a market that’s shifted sideways. If it’s upwards or downwards, you know exactly how to deal. If it doesn’t work, just hold until the market moves again.

Ponmo

When the market isn't trending, I don't like to trade. This helps me avoid expensive mistakes. I've heard about mean reversion trading, but I'm not sure how it works.

Rookery

If the market isn’t trending, rather hold your assets so you don't lose out on anything. It’s better to be safe than sorry with an empty account. Many traders make moves when the market is sideways, too. I guess it depends on the type of trader you choose to be.

Critomancy

Trading when the market is moving sideways can be quite risky. Just hold on till the market trends again. Analyse the situation and see if it fits your plan. Mostly, it's best to hold on. Why risk when you can wait?

Asahi

Verified member
Losing in Forex is a very common affair in Forex but when it is consistent, it’s a big hurdle and raises question about the capability. In this case, you need both global economic knowledge and market technical knowledge. Global economy analysis is needed to catch the direction of Forex market. Besides so, you have to select such a reliable trading broker that allows you to quickly withdraw trading profit like what Eurotrader does.

Gastrolatry

There are traders with different trading mindset in the market. Some traders do like trending markets and there is so much hype about trading in the trending market. But I personally prefer to trade in the market that is consolidated.

Jack Reacher

Verified member
I learnt forex through using technical tools and trading on demo accounts, watching free video tutorials on youtube and reading different articles. FXOpulence offers free educational program to traders.