What is passive incomešŸ¤”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhema finance

Passive income is earnings derived from a rental property, limited partnership, or other enterprise in which a person is not actively involved. As with active income, passive income is usually taxable, but it is often treated differently by the IRS.

AAll the best :)

Passive income is income that requires minimal labour to earn and maintain

Kingstone

Having one or two passive incomes is very good and important. You can always rely on them if you think they can cover your expenses. You don't have to keep working daily to get money as these sources will always put some money into your pocket. One of such is crypto trading, staking, and marketing affiliate. You can earn money in the crypto space very easily but it is not without risks and that is why you need to know about it very well.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Passive income is income that requires minimal labour to earn and maintain
That's most people belief but unfortunately that's not the real meaning of passive income. Passive income allows you to earn on some of the works that you have done before. For instance, a blogger is earning a passive income because he can still earn on the article he has blogged on some years ago. He's not performing active work yet he's receiving money, that's why it is called passive income.

D

Deleted member 13140

For me I would say passive income is when have a source of income that, you only worked once for and is generated monthly income for you.. that's just the basic thing.
If you're confused about it just go on Google and Google passive income definition.. you'll find different types but the main will just be having different source of income.

D

Deleted member 63482

Passive income is income that requires minimal labour to earn and maintain.In simple terms, passive income is the way rich people earn.

General01

Passive and active income both requires your involvement.
The main distinguishing factor between passive income and active income is the nature of involvement.
In passive income their is not active involvement.
In simpler terms, less work big pay

paidsurveyadvisor

From my point of view, passive income is money that is earned even when you are sleeping. If you want to build passive income online, you should learn affiliate marketing + SEO.

goodmoneygoodlife

I think the IRS treats rental property income as passive if you can't document 750+ hours or something like that managing the property. This is actually bad news because:
1. You can't offset your cap losses in stocks with rental gains.
2. Rentals in my experience are anything but passive. Tons of stress managing your property managers.

For passive rentals nowadays, I prefer to invest in syndications.

I don't think there's anything as 100% truly passive. For example, you do a real estate deal and you spend a month getting a rental. And then perhaps you manage your PMs 2 hours/month. After 10 years, you can amortize that month of effort + 2hours/month effort and end up with some $/hr. Sure, you'll get some high $/hr over 10 years but 100% passive means it's 'infinite' -- and all 'passive income' takes some maintenance.

Take another example: I wrote a bot that arbs NFTs. It earns money but took 2 months of very difficult effort to do. And it takes some maintenance to update the code because 1) there are more and more competitors everyday / margins are getting squeezed, and 2) sometimes there's bugs that crash the server and you gotta go fix it. So maybe I spend 1hr/week maintaining this 'passive' source of income. But I also spent 2 months of like 12 hours a day developing the bot. So it's like: even after 2 years, I've spent 2/24 months working + 1hr/week maintaining for 22 months = 88 hours + 2 months of work = 3 months of work over 2 years. It's not '100% passive' by any means but if the maintenance effort is low enough and you enjoy the work, I'd consider it 'somewhat passive'.

We can also say passive income you can earn without too much ongoing effort after you identify and establish a stream of passive income,you wonā€™t need to tend it to it everyday but that doesnā€™t mean you wonā€™t have to some work now and then.

E

eldavis

Passive income is one that requires little to no amount of labor to actually achieve, to some persons, it is also called progressive income. With passion income, the earner does not need to put in much as well for it to grow. Like you said real estate is a perfect example of a way one can earn passive income, or like some would like to call it, residual income. Real estate is a great way to earn residual income.

Status
Not open for further replies.