What Is The Most Efficient Way To Destroy A New Website?

Destroy-Laptop-Featured.jpg

?What Is The Most Efficient Way To Destroy A New Website??

"How can I construct a successful Web site?" I've been asked.

"Do you know the quickest way to trash a new Web site design?" I typically respond. "Lack of proper planning ahead of time," as you might expect, is the explanation.

To put it another way, let's say this: There's an ancient axiom in programming that says, "The sooner you start coding, the longer it takes to finish."

It's critical to plan out your website before you start building it. I recommend that you develop a storyboard, which is a form of flow chart of your new Web site design, using a technique borrowed from the film industry. You don't need to be a skilled artist to sketch out your concept, but it is necessary to do so first.

The idea is to have space for an image at the top of each piece of paper, as well as space underneath for putting down information. As you might expect, the first page to start with is your home (or welcome) page, which will normally include the most information because it will be the page people visit before entering your site, and as they continue down the tiers, they will encounter more information.

The home page typically links to 5-15 pages below it, which we can refer to as Tier 2. Each of those pages contains a link to another 5-15 pages, which may be referred to as Tier 3.

If you use all of these pages, you'll end up with a site that's at least 226 pages long (including the home page).

Throughout this process, a variety of issues will arise. But it's lot easier to solve issues on paper than it is to solve them after you've finished coding... If you don't, you can run into a major issue that necessitates a "back to the drawing board" comprehensive site redesign.

Working things out on paper will help you see how things will operate and how to solve obstacles. Get a second opinion if you have knowledgeable pals. You're ready to transfer it into code once you've finished the on-paper procedure and you or your web designer are happy with the outcomes.​