What is the next Ethereum - your opinion?

green-nomad

Hey everybody :)

So I’m still rather new to the subject of cryptocurrencies, but since I recently talked to a friend and he told me about how important it is to invest early when something looks promising and to give a chance to new ideas that might shape the future, I’ve been reading a bit about more underrated cryptocurrencies and which ones have the potential to become the next big thing.
Obviously, there are many “prophecies” out there with more or less – in my opinion – valid arguments, including people just trying to market their own currencies to get people to invest.

So I just wanted to get your opinion on this: What do you think will be the next big thing in the crypto sphere?

sandcat

If you're brand new, I would really read a lot first. And on youtube you can also find some great channels with good information. But you should never trust only what you hear and read from other people. You absolutely have to do your own research and then make your own decisions.

You've probably already noticed that crypto prices go up and down. When the right time to buy and sell is, you never know for sure beforehand. But if you want to invest in cryptos, now is probably not a bad time. Because you can buy relatively cheap.

I myself expect that in the long term, the prices of most cryptocurrencies will recover and stabilize. But I believe that the glory days of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, which are based on proof of work processes, are over. Proof of Work is neither particularly democratic, nor particularly power efficient.

In the future, blockchains based on other methods will probably gain the upper hand. I'm thinking of Ethereum before the switch to Proof of Stake, for example. Or Idena, which is based on an innovative and very democratic Proof of Personhood method. I think that could be a real gamechanger and the next big thing.

I will keep an eye on the developments for a few more weeks and then add to my portfolio. But I would advise everyone not to invest in just one coin, but to diversify.