What type of business should i engage myself when i retired

Ramolak19

Verified member
Before you can start any business at your retirement stage there are some things to considered.

1. How to get a capital to start your choosing business, because without working capital life might be difficult for such a person. Even if you decide to be rendering services, you are still going to need capital to secure an office. So its better to start saving

2. An Experience is also required because without having past or little of what you want to engage yourself after retirement life might be difficult. Even if is require of you to attend seminar or training to get your self on track. but the best thing is to do the business you understand

3. Never do kind of business that would go against your health status because retirement time is a stress free time.

Retirement Business
Farming Business: is the most lucrative business for retirement people but is now depends on the kinds of farming you want to go. E.g poultry or fish farming and mechanics farming.

Properties Consultant: Real estate is an example of retirement business which you can engaged yourself

Kids Colleges Business: you can also be a founder of Children schools

Homemade foods stuff items. By Selling of food stuff for community member.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Early this year I had a plan of having a small business not for the profitability but more for the occupation. I do not want to be idle because I might suffer depression. My best choice of business is selling food products. I am the master in our kitchen and one snack food that I am good at making is the pizza roll. It was always a hit when we have a family gathering. The guests would always be requesting for more of the pizza roll that I cook. A home based business is a big advantage to me considering that I do not need to travel far. My market base would be the residents of our village. The plan was already verified several times. But before I could decide to start there came the advice of people in my circle that a business can be a source of stress. That stopped me on my tracks. They may be right so I had to suspend my business plan.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
In most cases , you may not likely have the strength to engage in strenuous business activities such as starting a business like supermarket or other related business like that, during retirement every single individual are expected to relax and enjoy their salary.

If you are interested to engage in something , it must not really be something you have to exert so much physical energy because such may not really be good at that stage anymore.

I don't really know much about you , but personally if I am to engage in any business during that period , I will definitely be an investor in the real estate or investing in a trusted organisation that can be able to give me a reasonable profit on my investment.

If I am to invest in real estate , that would even be the most profitable because investing in houses and renting out these buildings to people will generate so much profit. So many people are engaging in this business and are generating enough money for themselves.

I would suggest that people who are planning for retirements should consider investing in real estate , at least it is stress-free and it is also profitable at the same time.

Sikapa

Verified member
Choosing or establishing a business when you are retired depends on the retired person. There are so many kinds of business that one can start when he retire from work but most of the business needs experience before you can start or manage. You see when you are a retired person remember you might have a retired strength too. This means you won't have the strength to do a business that demands strength.

You made mentioned of children schools, yes that is a good business though but it also needs experience before you can start. You can not start creche or children schools without no idea because you won't know how to go by it and this will lead you stranded. The best way is to get a director which can be you own son or daughter. Yes I know many people do it in that way, they will just establish school and their children will the director or proprietor of the school.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Planning for retirement is actually one thing that majority of individuals fail to do especially when they are filing for retirement in their respective place of works . no matter what you have to plan for your retirement that is why it is advisable to save it considerate and reasonable amount of money so as to still have something to hold on even after you retire from you place of work . So after retirement what next , we have some people may choose to squander the money that they have safe by using it to go on vacation in different areas of the world or possibly take good care of themselves by staying at home eating complicated meals and enjoying the most incredible experience ever .

We must understand that money is a very perishable but important tool and not be used wisely and sensibly . that is why I will urge everyone to make good use of their money even if after retirement . You can think about opening a grocery store where you sell consumer and other consumer related goods and services that will be essential and needable by members of the public or individuals around your environment whom the business structure is being situated .

These are some business ideas that can thrive with your pension funds. I hope this would help.

Start a small business: You can start a business right where you live. You can make money by purchasing goods and reselling them at a profit. It's not easy to start a business, but doing so on a large scale can pay off handsomely. When a person retires, this is one of the best things he or she can do.

Start a POS business: Starting a POS business does not necessitate a large store. It is something that anyone can do and profit from. You simply need to register with the appropriate agent, obtain a POS machine, and then keep a small amount of cash on hand to give to customers.

Invest in online investment platforms: For some people, online investment platforms may appear to be a scam or a non-paying platform. Most retirees are in their fifties and sixties, making it difficult to persuade them to invest in an online investment site. Investing online, in my opinion, is a great way to earn a good annual return.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The numbers of businesses in which you can venture into as a retiree is plenty but what really determines the one you should choose is your passion for such a business.
It is also very important for you to have the needed capital required of you to venture into such a business. After you might have gotten they needed capital, the next thing you need to do is to try as much as possible to get a very good environment for such a business.

One of the best businesses I can recommend for my theory is poultry business. This is one of the best businesses anyone can do sitting at the comfort of their home. If you have a large expanse of land at your home then it will be very easy for you to do it without much stress. All you need to do is to have some knowledge of how to feed the pottery products and probably you are good to go.

Real estate agency business is also another viable business for a retiree. If you are very serious in this kind of business you can probably make a lot of money for yourself as a real estate agent. This kind of business is very popular in my area of residence.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
When you have bowed out of service, it means, taking your time out from straining jobs, in order to rest your body well that has been on the travel for many years. But it doesn't mean, sleeping from morning to evening, never. You can definitely start up a domestic business, manage it well and stay closer to your own, and not a business you'll travel a long distance journey, looking for your daily bread, like the way you were during service years. Livestock business is an option, gardening too is an option, crop farming, etc. It is also believed that as a retired worker, you ought to have set a passive income means for yourself in order to stay afloat in making money with, instead of starting from a scratch again.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I love people that always plan ahead their retirement days. No matter what will do, old age will set in one day and if we don't really plan against it now, it may really affect the time when it comes. The worst set of people are those that work under either government or people.

Due to the fragility of the body during the old age, the best type of activities to involve one with is some activities that do not require much energy. This is because during that time. There may be little or less thing one can do.

Investment is the best and the first thing that can come into my mind. There are many things to invest in. One can decide to invest in cryptocurrency, forex and even if one prefers offline businesses, one may decide to invest in offline businesses like real estate. This will reduce the stress of moving up and down.

However, no matter the choice of investment, one had to know that there is need for some aprior knowledge before one can start any investment. This will prevent people from being duped. There are many that have lost their life saving to one investment or the other due to ignorance.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
There are so many business available , but during that time you shouldn't really have so much interest to engage in business but I believe you should have done everything or start up the type of business you are passionate about long time ago even before the retirement because that is what so many people are doing .

If you can be able to start up the business you are interested before retirement , the business will be successful then during retirement you won't really have any problem to start up another business, in this case it is just for you to pay in someone into the business and enjoy your monthly profit .

Apart from that, there are a lot of things that must be put in place to make sure all these things is successful. Lack of honest employee nowadays make it very difficult for you to hand over a business to someone to operate .

Even if I have to start up a business after retirement , it must be the type of business I can do confidently because that really matters . A lot of employees nowadays are not really trusted so employing them into your business organisation might even be dangerous in most cases .

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Well, learning never ends, I don't see retirement the way people see it, like you disconnect yourself from work and just stay at home doing nothing apart from spending time with friends and other unproductive ventures.

During your work years you should be able to understand who you are and what keeps you engaged, then from there you can chart a path on how retirement will be for you.

Learning in life never ends till you die, because when you're not learning anything you are as good as dead, at retirement you can involve yourself with many things ranging from real estate to agriculture to building your own business

Or if you started something while you are still working you can focus on it full time, there are a lot of alternatives than just sitting idle.

You'll see some retirees after collecting their gratuity they'll be traveling or buying frivolities which will render them broke in a very short period of time.

Investment should be learned when you're still in the workforce, because as we age as humans our cognitive ability kind of deteriorates too, so assimilation can be an issue too, retirement can be rewarding for those that make the right choices.

Prayzident

When you talk about retirement,it has to do with the type of work the person has engage in for most of his lifetime. A footballer may retire and face coaching,he can carry along that coaching job into its mid 70s to 80s. When he retires,he may turn out to do the work of consultant or pundit. With this while lying on his bed he get paid producing footballing advice.

samual

You can start any type of business after retirement with the money you have saved during your service
You may beside to be a councilor who will help people with their problems whom are ready to pay for it to get solve
You can be a person who lends money out for the people who are willing to pay you back after using the money to start a business
starting a business after retirement is another passive income that will help you active the goal of making money.
so to me starting a business after retirement is a very good idea