What you Eat can Affect your Sleep

raaman

Valued Contributor
If you are in the habit of eating spicy foods, it can contribute to stomach burns. Consistent meals lead to uncomfortable feeling of fullness and over time can contribute to obesity, a well-known risk factor for sleep apnea.

Too much caffeine can keep you awake, even if you drink the last morning coffee. It takes about six hours for fifty percent of the caffeine in your body to fade. If the amount of caffeine is high, it will still be present in your body at 4am.

And although a glass or two wine during dinner will help you relax or even feel sleepy, they will not help you sleep. You can fall asleep, but once, sleeping is not deep.

I like to have spicy foods and I agree this got me acidity, I am not sure by most effects but I lowered spices in my food to make it much more healthier. Some spices however are good for health if taken regularly, like black pepper, it clears throat and is natural pain killer too. many spices have their good effect so I always have them in food. But I avoid the wine thing, this is what I think is the most unhealthy, body do not accepts this and it is just for personal enjoyment. Caffeine is normal in tea and coffee, I do not like coffee and only have lemon tea which is fine with health.

I learn through this the hard way and since then I try not to eat spicy food before retiring to bed. I once did this and I couldn't sleep the whole time, I had a troubled tummy the whole night from a running tummy to passing gas every seconds down to having burning sensation by the left hand side of my tummy. I was really feeling awful that night.
So what one actually eat before hitting the sack really matter, especially if one is heading to sleep I'mmediately after eating, it is better to avoid eating anything that will be acidic to the tummy to avoid loss of sleep later on in the night. Again, even eating an hour before retiring for the night can be helpful

There are some things in this life that we all need to educate ourselves and know so that this can be of a great help to us in our daily life. we all need to know that eating oily food at night before going to bed can actually affect the way we sleeping it is always important that we do not eat oily food or spicy food as you said because this can have an impact in our sleep.

This is certainly true. The things we eat not only affect our sleep, but some other things that are very essential for our health. If you take something that contains too much caffeine it can be very difficult to fall asleep easily. Caffeine is a powerful substance that can cause sleeplessness due to the high blood flow within the body systems. This is the reason why it is good to the cyst from energy drinks.

Those are truly eating habits that can deny you of good sleep, yet it is well recommended that you should have quality sleep. Personally, coffee is the one that affects my sleep the most. My body reacts alot to its stimulation and so it gets so hard for me to have good sleep. So I try to avoid coffee most times.