What you really need for retirement

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The home is the first priority in retirement because it is risky to be renting a home when you have no more job. I know that some pensions can handle the rent but you have to take note of the dwindling value of money. A pensioner after 10 years would lose about 30% of the value of his pension. That is why renting a home for a retired person is not a good idea.

In my case my plan is to settle in the countryside with a simple but decent home of maybe 2 bedrooms only. But I would like to have at least a hectare of land so that I can enjoy my gardening. I love plants and trees and it would be paradise to have a big space for that in my retirement home. We also have a list of needs like little luxuries because we love to travel. Since our nest egg would not be earning anymore so we have to be strict with our spending. By the way, our present home in the suburban town can be rented out to augment our daily budget. And when things go bad we can probably sell our home for at least $100,000 which is big money here.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
this is really nice to hear and you're just exactly like me I don't know why I am in love with countryside, I always believe with me that when I retire from work I relate to have a house and settle down in the countryside to enjoy the beautiful atmosphere and the green environment. Town may not actually be suitable at old age.

Briangsam

This is so beautiful to read. It is important to get one's retirement plans ready way before retirement. One has to determine retirement income goals, and the actions and decisions necessary to achieve those goals. This includes identifying sources of income, sizing up expenses, implementing a savings program, and managing assets and risk.

Samuel72

Verified member
As for me what I really need for retirement is first a good house for my family and secondly I need a huge amount of savings in the bank, I also need a good business before I retire, this is because after retirement I will need something to hold on to so I don't get lonely or idol, most especially my bills are high, I don't think my pension will be able to pay off those bills

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
As for me what I really need for retirement is first a good house for my family and secondly I need a huge amount of savings in the bank, I also need a good business before I retire, this is because after retirement I will need something to hold on to so I don't get lonely or idol, most especially my bills are high, I don't think my pension will be able to pay off those bills
Maybe the huge amount in the bank is the wish of everyone who is nearing retirement age. However, I am sure that only a few people in my circle can have that asset. Fortunately for us, we have a home and a car plus some money in the bank but we still have to buy a lot and build a structure to be rented out otherwise our asset will be depleted as years pass by.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
The home is the first priority in retirement because it is risky to be renting a home when you have no more job. I know that some pensions can handle the rent but you have to take note of the dwindling value of money. A pensioner after 10 years would lose about 30% of the value of his pension. That is why renting a home for a retired person is not a good idea.

In my case my plan is to settle in the countryside with a simple but decent home of maybe 2 bedrooms only. But I would like to have at least a hectare of land so that I can enjoy my gardening. I love plants and trees and it would be paradise to have a big space for that in my retirement home. We also have a list of needs like little luxuries because we love to travel. Since our nest egg would not be earning anymore so we have to be strict with our spending. By the way, our present home in the suburban town can be rented out to augment our daily budget. And when things go bad we can probably sell our home for at least $100,000 which is big money here.
Before one retirement there are some thing that needed to be put in to place.
One need to start investing during the time that one is very strong in service.
Where to stay live ;,that is home as you have rightly said is very important. Without doing these after retirement it may not be easy again.