What's Calendula & Why Is It Becoming So Important In Skincare

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Calendula is a plant which has been used to heal anything from headaches to injuries over thousands of years. It's also been used in skincare for centuries, but it's recently become popular again thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties.

While you may think of calendula as just a medicinal plant, it's actually got a lot more going on under the surface than meets the eye. The active ingredients in calendula are called essential oils, which are powerful antioxidants that can fight free radicals and prevent premature aging.

The main active ingredient in calendula is linalool a compound that has been shown to reduce inflammation and promote healing by inhibiting certain enzymes (like COX-2). This means that when you use calendula in your skincare routine, it helps reduce inflammation and repair damaged tissues while promoting collagen production and reducing scarring.
Because of this beneficial effect, calendula has many uses in skin care products like lotions, creams, and serums: from moisturizing to anti-aging and even sun protection!

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Hello everyone! Thank you very much for your informative and interesting thread. To be honest, I did not know anything about calendula. I learned so many things from your post and now I understand how important it is. Thanks a lot again for taking the time to share with us this useful information about calendula. It is so much appreciated!