Which is better to focus on one niche or multiple niches to make money ?

SANIA

In my opinion, It is better to focus on one niche at the beginning to master this niche. Like if you are focusing on affiliate marketing then you can focus on its apsects like social media marketing, google ads words, organic traffic marketing, etc.
A person who is just starting online marketing has to learn a lot in this niche, so if he is learning other niches like wordpress, graphic designing, or mobile app development too, then it will become very difficult for him to focus on each of them and he will loose focus and interest. Moreover he will not be able to get immediate results in that field.
It is better to focus on one niche before jumping into the next like if that person has master the marketing niche upto an extent then he can focus on wordpress and blogging site to utlize his blog posts made on wordpress sites to promote his affilate offers and can use social media marketing to drive traffic to his site.
Then after that he can learn graphic designing and can produce beautiful artwork to create awesome graphics to attract and retain visitors on his site and affiliate offers.
he can then learn multiple skills to reconnect them and earn money by utilizing all these skills.
But if he will start focuisng on all things from the very scratch he will loose focus and can fail.
What are your thoughts about it ?

E

eldavis

Personally I feel there is nothing wrong in having more than one skill, or making use of multiple skills to make money, thereby creating multiple sources of income.. but I would advise you focus on one first after you have grown that field to a particular level, you can start branching out to try other means of making money.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
If you want to make money on the internet it is very much important you focus on one particular niche and master it well and start making money on it before you venture into another.

This is one of the mistakes I made when I started my online journey because I probably started almost every business I heard from people on YouTube or any social Media platform. If I hear that cryptocurrency is paying, I will probably try to venture into it and tomorrow I hear that affiliate marketing is making people a lot of money, I will abandon cryptocurrency and venture into it.

This is what I did for so many months before I realised that it doesn't really work that way. If you want to venture into affiliate marketing you have to focus on it and learn it well and probably start making money on it before you try to venture into another online business.

Making money on the internet is not really easy as it is very competitive and that is the reason why you really need to be very good at what you do before you can succeed. Jumping from one business to another that doesn't really make sense.

Rachael

Verified member
Honestly, this all depends on the individual involved and the type of jobs combined. I have tried to combine this forum with another forum I came across because the terms and conditions were a bit favorable and I could cope with the requirement but recently, the terms were reviewed and because of this, I decided to stop working until they make amends because inasmuch as I need money, there are some online jobs that is not worth the stress at all. How can I work comfortably on a site that takes up to 5days just to hit $1, how many dollars if I continue would I make in a month, coupled with the number of words as the stipulated requirement.

From this experience, for me, I think it is better on one or at most, two sites, because in most cases, in trying to diversify, the time you should have dedicated to be productive on one site, you would share it amongst others and at the end of the day, it would still be the same result as though you were working on a single site. Focusing on multiple niches is best if it is being diversified on sites that have limits to daily posts and earnings.

Flow-er

One could decide to embark on a single niche or multiple niche. It all depends on the choice of the individual. I am an advocate of doing so many things. Particularly if it's online. You will earn in chunks and if it's combined, it will become something tangible. If it's blogging, you will have to do multiple niches . All the niches may not be on a single blog , it could be a single and that means , you will have multiple blogs. The most important thing is that you need to ensure that you make atleast 3 post on the per day. If it's digital marketing, you need to include so many niches like the affiliate marketing , email marketing, dropshipping etc. This will make you expand your horizon and you will be able to make more money. If it's a paid to post on forums. You can't make something reasonable if you work only on one forum. You will make
something tangible if you combine 3 to 4 forum. That is basically how to maximise your earnings online. Above all, if you want to earn something very reasonable, you need to learn many High paying skills. With this skills, you will have to makesure that you do so many things or showcase all the skill on freelancing sites.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I always try to see the online making money journey as a step-by-step process that you should try to follow because if you try to miss one of them it might be very consequential for you .

Let us see that you want to become a writer for example, there are so many types of writing which is going to include writing for the web or copy writing or academic writing or writing of e-books or ghostwriting in general. You can also choose to write this kind of products for different kind of reasons like health or technology or the cryptocurrency space or gambling or general entertainment .

The thing is that employers are always going to take you serious if they believe that you have chosen a particular nation that you are going to be posting about . This is going to convince them that you are an expert in that particular field and you have extensive knowledge about it already.

The thing is that there are a lot of people who are just coming into the space newly who do not know where their strengths lie and in this kind of situation you can always play around until you find something that you like.