Who is the Real Satoshi Nakamoto?

Shaf

Verified member
If you're a cryptocurrency fan, you will definitely come across the name Satoshi Nakamoto in your journey.

This is the name taken on by the person or group of people who founded and coded Bitcoin. However, the true identity of Satoshi Nakamoto is a mystery to date.

There are three people who have over time either claimed to be, or have been said to be the infamous Nakamoto.

Two of them, Nick Szabo, founder of Bit Gold in 2008 and Dorian Nakamoto have been pointed out by others as being the ones. Dorian has strongly disagreed with this.

A third person, Craig Wright has actively claimed to be the founder, but some things seem not to line up with his cliams and history.

Whoever Satoshi may be, dead or alive, I feel that this person would probably prefer to stay hidden. Being in the spotlight for Bitcoin and cryptocurrency would bring too much attention,. mostly from government who have a real challenge with the changes cryptocurrency is bringing to the financial world. Also, with his address holding about 1.1 million Bitcoin,.it could make the person a target for criminals.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
Satoshi Nakamoto is the name of the company or commercial name used for this group. This is what I think about this name. Or legal name in other terms of word.

Dora Wi

So far Craig Wright has been the one who stirred up the most questions and controversy, but nothing is proven definitively. I have heard so many theories throughout the years - even things like Satoshi Nakamoto is an acronym from the names of different people who could be involved in this. It's hard to imagine we will ever know for sure - at least, I'm quite sure he/she/they are staying anonymous for a reason.

Shaf

Verified member
That is also what I believe. Being identified as the person or person behind Bitcoin could bring them more trouble than fame. It's surprising why Craig Wright would want to be known as the person behind Bitcoin when he can not prove it totally.

The behavior doesn't correlate with Satoshi Nakamoto's desire to remain anonymous for years. Why come out now when you can't prove it beyond reasonable doubt?

I also think it would be bad for Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general. It would be expected that changes be made to Bitcoin, which is perfect just the way it is now.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The fact is that satoshi nakamoto is someone in which everyone who has been in the crypto space believe to be a man who invented cryptocurrency in the Year 2009. Well we don't even know the true identity of who this man is , if he is still alive or dead as you said..

The most important thing is that he is the founder of cryptocurrency and through him a lot of people have become millionaire ever since the invention of cryptocurrency .

There may be so many reasons why the man may choose to remain hidden. I believe he is afraid that the world may rise against him if he comes out and identify himself as the founder of cryptocurrency . As we understand a lot of government of most countries of the world do not accept cryptocurrencies and they consider it to be an illegal assets that was designed to destabilize the world economy.

Canzone

I don't know who Satoshi really is. I believe that Satoshi is one of the smartest people in the world. I think he has a lot of knowledge, and he can do anything. He has been doing this for a long time , so he must be very good at it.

Protension

Throughout the years, many sleuths have dedicated their efforts to figuring out who the real Satoshi Nakamoto is. Nevertheless, I believe he has passed away by this point.