Why are they using ladies for advertisements?

Ganibade

Verified member
Nowadays, people are using ladies for advertisements because they believe ladies command attention in the market today. Most marketing agencies include ladies in their advertisements campaign. There was a time I was watching a television program and a lady was used to advertise car tyres. I was wondering what the relationship between a lady and a car tyre. I discovered that it is one of the marketing strategies to command the attention of the viewers to the products.

Last edited:
I guess the gender issue depends on the customer base of the product. Take for instance the biggest fast food chain here. Their tv ads are mostly targeted for the kids. The owner said that the kids are their customer base so they have to do the marketing that is targeted for the children. When the son or daughter would ask for a burger from Jollibee (that is their brand) then the parents would hesitate to refuse. Of course, the kids are the priority of parents so they will sacrifice just to appease the craving of their child. Isn't a neat trick for that fast food? Maybe that marketing approached had defeated McDonalds here.

With the ladies as the model or endorse the product may be more appropriate for the men. There are many ads about a product for men that has a woman in the tv ad. Maybe they have studied that part of persuasion.

Yeah, because it sells, if you see an attractive lady on an ad, there's a high tendency of clicking the ad because naturally we like ladies as men, so advertisers prey on that and use it to there advantage.

Marketing is very interesting because it is inter woven with psychology and its deeply rooted on how people react to things, most ads showing ladies dressed in provocative dresses will get more hits too because of our sexual needs and asi it's the same reason brands use celebrities as their brand ambassadors because people like the particular person so they will leverage on that and get you to like their product too as simple as that.

In supermarkets too if you realize you'll find out that they put things that will make you impulsive at the front so that you go on binge buying and they will put the essentials what you come to but at the back.

The idea is to get you interested on those particular items you passed by on different aisle before getting to the things you want to buy.

Ladies are used in adverts to be able to get attention of men and it works perfectly

Ladies are used in advertisement of anything because they command attention especially from the men. Grabbing the attention of the prospect is very important in marketing.

Men are attracted to what they see. This is the reason why most of the marketing agency make use of ladies in anything they are advertising.

If you are conversant with copywriting, you will agree with me that headline is very important.

The major function of the headline is to grab the attention of the reader and force them to continue reading the sales copy. That is the reason why beautiful ladies are use in the sales copy and advertisement.

Men are very receptive to ladies especially the beautiful ones. This is the reason why some financial institutions are using ladies for their marketing outreach.

I read it in a book that a company is not making sales and they hire a marketing expert to turn things around for their business. The marketing expert study the business and the environment and he came up with idea.

The idea is to make use of an attractive lady to display the product sold by the company at the highway. Some men were forced to park their cars just to check on what the lady was displaying and the company eventually make more sales.

They use women in the ads targeted towards men, women, or even kids. They are using women in the ads for a couple of reasons. First of all, most of the customers are men and women appeals to men. Secondly, women appear more presentable than men, especially in the commercial. If you analyze this issue in terms of gender, think this is a sexist notion that women should be used on the ads, this concept tries to commodify women, they are presenting women just like an attractive product, they are not even considering the existence of women, they see them just as a commodity.

Nowadays people are using their this for the advertisement because they believed lady lucrative in the market today. Any business or any advertisement or company that they refuse to employ ladies nowdays, especially in market department. Although the ladies are very lucrative in the world, when any advertisement is made in media and public advertisement ladies are involved. Please tell me why they are using for advertising goods products nowdays.
Hi. First of all Happy Women's Day. I don't think that. Actually, the product determines gender. Based on the product, they are choosing men or women are suitable.

Ladies are used in advertisement because like you said, they command attention, they are charismatic beings and can be very convincing. You said you were wondering the relationship between a lady and a car tyre, and i'll like to ask you if ladies don't drive cars or don't know any about car tyres? I'm pretty sure if it was a man that was used to advertise the car tyre, you wouldn't have a problem with it.

Personally I feel it depends on the products as well. I have seen a lot of adverts where men are being used. It could be men's perfume or singlets and the likes. I have even seen adverts about cooking ingredients where men are used as well. So it is not limited to only women. Though most persons might prefer using women due to the fact that they might feel using woman would be more attractive and draw the attention of more persons.

Women may not be related to car tires. But in every ad where women are present, that ad becomes viral and will be seen more (in comparison with ads where men are present). This is a global phenomenon, and advertisers have been getting help from actresses for many years. This may be related to the product as well. For example, the Castrol engine oil ad that had David Beckham in it experienced worldwide sales and was very successful. This is not a product that women can promote in the ad.

To me, it's not surprising why women are used more as objects of advertising than men. If you watch television more than 70% of advertisements are promoted by women. Even though the ad is not related to beauty such as cars, motorbikes, electric bikes, houses, web hosting, soft drinks etc. I think there are many reasons, women are more flexible and more attractive than men, most female consumers like shopping and luxury goods. The basic concept of making advertisements is to attract consumers so that this assumption is that women's advertising models will attract more public attention, female sexuality, fame like actresses and winners Beauty pageants are often used as messengers of a product or object in advertisements.