Why Do Many People Often View Jobless People So Negatively?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Getting a good job is something many people want to have in their life. Having a good job increases your chances of living a comfortable life with your family. Unfortunately, the society has been programmed in such a way that most people around us would view us in a negative way if we remain jobless for most of the time. People do not understand that there could be various reasons why a person would remain job less. If a person is a unemployed, then this certainly does not mean that he does not want to earn money or he is lazy.

The economic situation of the country might not be so much favorable for certain individuals and this is also a big reason why they might not be able to find work. During the pandemic period many people become unemployed and I am sure that they were certainly not willing to become unemployed! The situation in my country got so worse that people never even had food to eat. I remember that I was also unemployed and online paid to post forums helped me a lot to make money online. Other than paid to post forums, I had absolutely no other source of income! So, why do you people view Unemployed people negatively?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well, it is what it is when once you have come of age and you are still jobless, it is natural for people to see you as a failure. You know why? Alot of people just use that opportunity to be lazy and irresponsible. The truth is that long before we have the era of white and blue collar jobs people were finding themselves jobs to do than waiting for any easy way out. But today's youths and adults are using the guise of looking for dream jobs to be lazy and idle.

The truth is that with people with this mindset in our society, the society would continue to be static, ridden with poverty and high in crime. An idle mind is the devil work shop and that's the fact. The more idle one is the more they are prone to negative things so the society needs to frown at this attitude to help deter more people from towing the same line.

My philosophy Is that find anything to keep yourself busy whether it is paying much or little just be busy it will help you navigate these horrible world better. Don't go committing crime in the name of being unemployed.

Bard Racheal

Truely,there are two categories of people who are seen as unemployed.

ONE;They are unemployed because they are the lazy type.
The ones who solely refuse to work at all,but love to sit at home. They are called bench warmers, who only expect manners to fall from the sky. Of they will go out there asking for urgent two thousand naira,or they will go out at night all to steal.

These category are those who are suppose to be going through this kind of people who are to be viewed "Negatively."
If they are not seen as that, they will fancy sitting at home doing nothing.
Even with their smart phones which they got from God-knows-where, they do not have any idea what that phone will bring to them.
These are also the type of person who go about duping people.

Then,the other category of people are those ones who are handicapped.
These ones does not have the stamina to go about doing anything.
They sit at home, people go out there to work and bring them food to eat.
Some people see them "Negatively" Do they deserve that?
No!!!
They do not deserve that look.

What those kind of people engage themselves in is: e.g the crippled ones go try their best to go out and be for their daily food.
Or,they take a position in some market place, mending people's shoes.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
This is indeed very true, people consider jobless people as been very irresponsible and very lazy, why this may be true in some cases but in other cases it may not be true. Although when we look at the true meaning of employment we will realise that it simply means that there is lack of employment opportunities by in the real seems there are several types of unemployment, there are some people who are unemployed because they believe they are been under paid , or they feel they are been over worked. And sometimes people are unemployed because they are unemployable maybe because they do not posses the right qualifications or they are just been uneducated. Some people even lack skills in terms of practical skills hence they become unemployed. So they are somany people who are unemployed because they are physically challenged aswel.

The truth is unemployment is caused by several factors and again some people are unemployed because they are naturally lazy, because if you enter someone that is hard working you can never see them idle. They will always find something to do no matter what it entails and no matter how much is been paid .

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
This is indeed very true, people consider jobless people as been very irresponsible and very lazy, why this may be true in some cases but in other cases it may not be true. Although when we look at the true meaning of employment we will realise that it simply means that there is lack of employment opportunities by in the real seems there are several types of unemployment, there are some people who are unemployed because they believe they are been under paid , or they feel they are been over worked. And sometimes people are unemployed because they are unemployable maybe because they do not posses the right qualifications or they are just been uneducated. Some people even lack skills in terms of practical skills hence they become unemployed. So they are somany people who are unemployed because they are physically challenged aswel.

The truth is unemployment is caused by several factors and again some people are unemployed because they are naturally lazy, because if you enter someone that is hard working you can never see them idle. They will always find something to do no matter what it entails and no matter how much is been paid .

The fact is that many unemployed people are actually those people who want to earn money and want to work, but they are not able to find work due to many different reasons. This is something most people in the world do not understand. I have been a jobless person for a long time, but this certainly does not mean that I do not want to make income. I think many unemployed individuals are viewed so negatively due to the fact that they are considered those people who do not want to "improve" their life.

They are considered "worthless" because they do not have any "financial worth". Unfortunately, this is how this whole world views people. They do not think about how bad a person is! All they care about is their net worth and monetary value they have gained! This is a really bad way to judge a person. I always view all the unemployed people as great people who are just struggling and I meet them humbly. I never view them as something lower than me at all because I can certainly understand how they are feeling. Money is important not only to live our life, but also to make other people respect us! This is a sad and disturbing reality.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had been jobless many times in my career. The first time was when I went to the US for a venture. When I did not enjoy my stay in the US that's when I decided to come home with no job. Fortunately I got a new job in a software house after being jobless for several months. When the software house closed shop I was again jobless. The last time I was jobless was when I left a Japanese software house due to problems with the owner.

I was lucky to have a good and generous wife who was always there to support me. Even when I had no job she was still trying to make me enjoy life and giving me encouragement to do what I wanted. I joined writing workshops and got invited to writing groups. That probably gave me a representation that I am not just a bum with no job because I was still striving. To be fair to myself I had never mentioned that I have no money. When there is a need to spend I always get my wallet and offer to pay. That was another support from my wife. She said that having cash in the wallet will give me confidence.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
It's quite unfortunate, but that's the kind of society we live in currently, if you're not going out in the morning to a workplace they assume you're being jobless, worthless even in some cases, being unemployed is certainly a bad position to be in because you won't be able to afford basic necessities that you need in your day to day life.

In my country currently, unemployment is skyrocketing every day, we have a lot of graduates out of school at home doing nothing, business is not favorable too besides nor everyone wants to become an entrepreneur.

I think the best thing anybody in this situation should do is to try and not care about other people think of him or his present situation, because their thoughts doesn't matter, you should focus on how to better your life by getting something to engage yourself in either offline or online.

Good luck

Verified member
I think people think jobless people are issues are hazard to the economy or society.you will notice that people without job are tends to be those that commit crimes in the environment like stealing and engaging in various criminal act.Idleness is not a good thing at all.no matter how small one should get busy as as not to be seen as a nuisance in the society.

Moni

You have raised point. It is sad on how we treat jobless people even if a piece of soap get lost we will be thinking that is that jobless man who took it.
Because everyone know that he has no money.

At time people just judge a book by cover. But we have to understand that maybe is not his fault been jobless.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Lolz, to be very serious personally I do not like jobless people at all in my life and I really don't just want to associate with them for any reason because my nature won't really be able to fit in to theirs even for one minute and I can't really withstand them, This is only applicable to those who purposely refused to be employed

For me I do not see anything wrong with my personality because everyone was meant to find one thing or the other to do , that is just the best way and if you are not able to get employment and start working now in plans and preparation of your future how will you be able to settle your debt and maintain financial stability at old age ? these are the questions some of them cannot really understand.

And the surprising facts about these set of people is that they are likely to only make friends with people that believe in the same wag they are operating , you will always sees jobless people making friends with people that are jobless and I wonder how such friendship can ever leads to progress in life.

I don't just know the reason why I do not like to have any business to do with jobless people.

CypherRock

Well said, I don't associate with anyone who is jobless. My reason to this, narrows down to the fact that we won't have anything to talk about especially when we are together. Most times this jobless dudes give reasons of how working 8hrs daily in an office can be stressful, but I always courage them to look out for digital jobs on HYVE.
Here you can work at your own comfort and get paid when due.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Many people often view jobless people so negatively because they believe that jobless people are lazy, irresponsible, and unmotivated. They believe that these individuals have too much faith in their own abilities, and believe this to be a negative thing. It is important to note that many of these individuals have no idea what it is like to be jobless, and therefore have no understanding of the struggles that these individuals face on a daily basis.

In addition to the above reason, many people often view jobless people so negatively because they feel threatened by the fact that these individuals are not working. They believe that their own jobs are threatened by the presence of these individuals in their lives. They feel like they cannot get rid of them, because these individuals take up valuable space in their workplaces. These individuals are generally difficult to work with, which can be very frustrating for other employees who work around them every day.

Society is built on a very simple principle: “If you want something, you have to work for it.” But what if you don’t want anything? What if you are an essentialist, and only need the bare necessities to survive? What if you have no desire for material things and an overabundance of time on your hands?

E

eldavis

I guess this issue is common everywhere. Right here in my location, they may not say it openly or tell you to your face, but they tend to judge once they notice you are always at home morning till evening. The funny thing is that there are some persons who work online hence they do not have to go out, they would still judge them as lazy and classify them as jobless. They tend to look at jobless people in a negative light because most of them end up becoming thugs.

Kendy

Verified member
It is actually a normal or a natural phenomenon that people do view jobless individuals as those who are; visionless, unmotivated, lazy, undetermined and ultimately goaless in life but at times, they fail to look at an in-depth analysis as to why this individual is jobless. There are so many reasons people are jobless even when they are skilled or they have obtained a degree of education. One of the factors that makes this possible is due to the complex nature of the; labour market where there are no vacancies available and this in turn affects individuals and keep them at arms length from getting jobs. Also, when you talk about business, not everyone has the financial capacity to fund a business and also learning a skill, in order to learn a skill these days, you need to make a commitment of money which is actually expensive. There are other times that some people choose to leave their job because of; low wages, miserable working conditions and long hours at work, so they ultimately prefer to remain jobless until a better offer comes by. It is not always quick to judge those who are jobless most especially if they are not begging or asking you for a means of survival.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is so true but I believe it is just a prejudiced notion to see all jobless people as not being serious. We should always know reasons behind actions before judging or have any feeling towards any action.

There are some people that are jobless not because they are not willing and competent to work but there is no work for them. Others have been sacked unjustly in their places of work.

However, jobless people should not be too idle. Most people that are jobless always potrays themselves as being unfortunate. They don't know that being engaged can also be as well as being unfortunate because you may not have your freedom for yourself.

In this vein, jobless people should try to engage themselves with one thing or the other. There is no excuse fit not making money these days. If money can not be msde offline, it can easily be made online.

Failure to do this will always make people to assume that those that are jobless are nothing but unfortunate.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It is quite sad and unfortunate that the world is still stereotypical towards various classes of people and tend to judge those whom they feel are misfit and do not follow the presets of how individuals in the society should live and operate. Well we can't really know the reason why a particular group of people are often regarded as low class in terms of their lifestyle choices, level of education,choices of food and even their employment status. Personally I often take out time to mind storm on the causes of some of the society misdemeanor and I came to realize that most of this people who are not as lucky as others in terms of their money or other society marker of importance were not the instigators of what they are passing through but fate has a way of dealing a really terrible blow on some people.

Some people are unemployed today not because they are too lazy to work or they don't know the importance of been gainfully employed but this could be due to the fact that they might have not been so lucky as others in the chase for employment and even when they were ones employed they lost their jobs to some circumstances.

Wiserr

There are many jobless people out there a s most of them don't find themselves something to do, I have came across this kind of people they always need money but the Don't know we're to find that's truly bad.

Tommy1983

I think it is because it gives the impression that you are lazy! This isn't always the case but people do judge without knowing.

Rachael

Verified member
Joblessness is like a stigma that has eaten deep into the fabric of our society. It gets so bad to the extent that if you were once a job owner and lost your job, those people that you helped in one way or the other would still be the first to castigate you for being jobless. Yes, this has been my experience and it has not been a healthy one. I lost my job exactly a year ago and some few months all because someone I had some level of trust offered me a life-changing job as my mentality at that time made me believe.

Not until I resigned from my current job which was always my solid way of making money because it paid my bills and then, there was a program that I was undergoing. When reality struck on me, and it taught me never to trust any man, no matter the connection you have because ultimately, a blood acquaintance, betrayed me in ways that are unimaginable. Joblessness is not a disease, and even if it were, it has cure. We should learn to give someone a breathing space to think of his life and run it the way it pleases him or her. The annoying thing is that, they would use it to ridicule and make fun of you.