Why do most banks not have enough employees?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I have been to different banks in my country to resolve something wrong with my account, or to make deposits or withdrawals too. There is something I observed that is common with most of them, they do not have much employees working there and the work load is obviously too much for them as they do not find it easy attending to customers.
In some banks for instance, you can see only one person at the customer support center and this is usually where a lot of customers come to. This then Make it hard for them to be able to attend to customer and meet their satisfaction as expected.

Are there regulations that make sure banks do not have much employees?
Why is this so?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
They just want to work with those selected employees based on their salary budget, they're simply trying to economize and manage their funds the best possible way and not using it to psy plenty that might be over load to them and worry towards their own income. I can't remember when last i went to bank I use their bot software to transact steadily.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I noticed same too, you can imagine one cashier attending to a lot of people. But you would find a lot of them in the marketing department. I think it about the salary structure and where they believe will bring more money.marketers will bring more money so they employ more in that department

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not think banks are understaffed. I believe they have as much staff as required by the institutions. On the day you visit, you might have noticed that the customer support was just one man who was making over a dozen people wait for their turn. Or, the teller making dozens of people wait form cash, but things like these do not happen every day,

Josemendez

Verified member
I think it is normally due to the fact that they have budget for salary. So they will only employ staff that will not exceed it. However there are some of the that are very lazy to an extent that they will be in one person's transaction for long.
Banks should ensure that speed is one of the criteria considered when employing anyone.

Good luck

Verified member
Infact the banking system is gradually going fully to technology and with this bankers may not be needed.Most of the developed countries don't really have much labor at the banking hall and they have a good structure that works faster and reliable.Secondly,most of our local bank find it difficult to staff a banker.they preferred a casual worker that can be trained to fit in what they want.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I have also observed it on several occasions I went to do something in the bank. I don't actually know whether it is like that in other parts of the world but actually it is very bad. Most of the bankers seems to be very occupied and they would not have enough time to actually discuss your issue well. Some of them are very angry and from that day I decided that I will open my own business instead of doing this kind of slavery.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I have also observed it on several occasions I went to do something in the bank. I don't actually know whether it is like that in other parts of the world but actually it is very bad. Most of the bankers seems to be very occupied and they would not have enough time to actually discuss your issue well. Some of them are very angry and from that day I decided that I will open my own business instead of doing this kind of slavery.
Lol that's the truth....they always seem very angry. And it's mostly because one person is doing five peoples job. And that can be very frustrating for real. And moreover I don't think it's only in the bank that they are being overwhelmed with work or overworked. Almost all of the sectors or companies in my country overworked their lower staffs.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
They just want to work with those selected employees based on their salary budget, they're simply trying to economize and manage their funds the best possible way and not using it to psy plenty that might be over load to them and worry towards their own income. I can't remember when last i went to bank I use their bot software to transact steadily.
And don't you think they should be in the position to employ more staffs.....? I think banks are rich enough with resources to employ more people. Most times their staffs are being occupied with work. Especially If you go to the top notch banks in the country. Mostly i see the frustrations on their staffs faces. I'm talking about those at the counter not those in the offices lol

sincerem

VIP Contributor
And don't you think they should be in the position to employ more staffs.....? I think banks are rich enough with resources to employ more people. Most times their staffs are being occupied with work. Especially If you go to the top notch banks in the country. Mostly i see the frustrations on their staffs faces. I'm talking about those at the counter not those in the offices lol
Okay, I understand what you're talking about. You're talking about those ones that is in the counter always attending to people when it comes to bank transactions. Yes, they aren't much when I was going inside the bank earlier time to do some money transactions. Their is always delay cos of the low number of employees working in such department.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The bank's branch here has a minimum of personnel that includes the manager. When there is an overload of customers the manager would seek assistance from the head office (provided it is not so distant). Overstaffing is an issue on the overhead that is why not only banks are careful of the overstaffing issue.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
The bank's branch here has a minimum of personnel that includes the manager. When there is an overload of customers the manager would seek assistance from the head office (provided it is not so distant). Overstaffing is an issue on the overhead that is why not only banks are careful of the overstaffing issue.
I have noticed banks not to be having enough staffs, sometimes I think they are just trying to be cautious of who they employ. Banks are classify places that should be wary of who they are giving employment to. Because you don't know who's who..... even the small ones they will employ, they will undergo thorough screening before giving them the job.