Why do people repeat topics on forum websites?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
For a regular user of paid to post websites, there are some things that I am very sure you might have noticed. Among those things include repetition of topics. This may sound and seem so annoying most time when you need to comment on the same topics written by the same or maybe another writer. Most time, I do skip these topics because I don't like repeating myself but some times I don't have choice than just to comment.

Why do people repeat topics especially on paid to post websites? I have thought of this several times and I think my following reasons must likely to be some causes of topic repetition which is very common among the users of paid to post websites.

Lack of idea is my top list. Most people only post for money and not really for others to gain from what they wrote. And the only reason fot this is lack of idea. When people run out of idea, they tend to recycle the old ideas.

Lack of information on the said topic. People might have come across some topics which focus on how to make money online. But we will notice that the poster will highlight or speak tersely on that topic, he won't even explain in details to a layman Level of understanding. I think they lack of information on the said topic

What are your other reasons why people engage in such an act?

Holicent

VIP Contributor
I will love to ask "how those whose topics were repeated felt?"
However, on a positive note there are several reasons why people repeat topics on forum websites. They may have the same questions as other users, but they aren't seeing their question being answered in the way they want it to be answered. The topic may have been inactive for a long time, so they may just post it again to get some more attention to their question. People may also be repeating questions because they don't know how to use the search functionality of the website. Sometimes there isn't really any good reason for why people are repeating boards, it just happens because people want to add something new to the conversation that they haven't seen before.

On the negative side, I would say on a paid to post platforms and kinda organized platform like this, people do it on purpose, for laziness, to increase their pace and earn high or just copycat spirit in them, even when similar threads pop out while imputing the topic, they still go ahead.

Users who repeat topically without providing any new insights should just stop doing so, they should learn more about how forums work and what type of questions are appropriate for them.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I will not agree less with the poster. Honestly, I have never thought of the positive side of this act. I never think any one can repeat a topic just because his question has not been answered the same way he wants the question to be answered. Besides, most of the topics repeated are not really questions but overflogged topics. It is not a gainsaying that you will see more than 25 topics on how to make money online with the users writing the same methods in different ways.

I just want to see from the negative view that they are using it to cheat the system. Topics should be written in a way that it will serve as educative, entertaining or informative. If it lacks these elements, definitely, it is not to be taken serious.

There is nothing with people writing the same topics if they do it with creativity. For instance, if someone had already highlighted various ways of making money online, for instance, there is nothing stopping the next person to write on ways and strategies that can be used on those websites and the other person write on the eligibility, do and don't of those websites.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I've seen several topics repeated here, some goes with different ideas, and some are just repetition of the previous topic/thread. When you want to add something new to the forum on a previous post that has been added, then you need to rephrase the topic, bring new ideas to members, and not repeating what has been said. You can also edit your own thread when you feel that you have something new to introduce to the members, their is no need when it comes to creating a new topic with same contents. Such drags the progress of the forum backward and make others to feel dizzy when it comes to adding comments. I know I'm a human, I make mistakes, I might have repeated same thread heading before, but my contents aren't the same. In case you forgot, you can bring a new idea to the current discussion which you created. Even in the forum, when you're writing a new thread, you'll see other thread headings that are similar to your own, so, when you insert same topic it will be detected by the system. When it is detected, I don't see reasons why we should proceed again with a similar thread.

Last edited:

Suba

Staff member
Repeat topics and similar topics are always found in almost all forums. If you come across repeated topics but the content is different, it would be nice if you tell the creator of the latest topic to edit the topic or thread title. Or at least you can report to the moderator, so that the similarity of topics or repeated topics will decrease in our forum. Thank you for your cooperation and participation to build a better forum.

E

eldavis

The answer to this question is obvious, it'd actually the same persons writing on each forums hence there are no fresh ideas. No one wants to take their time to make research on something fresh and unique, they feel instead of stressing myself in trying to get something new, why don't I just post my previous work from another forum. If it was accepted there, it would also be accepted here too.

Nite

Valued Contributor
Lack of idea and lack of information are the reasons for incessant posting and re-posting of the same topics over and over again by some members. It's like in the eagerness of making fast money, those members don't even check and see if the topic has been asked before, it's of too much effort to them. It is so much easier just to type the words of the threads and search through the forum topics. By repeating the topic, I think it will become less interesting for the members to answer. I personally do not find it helpful when some forum members repeat the topics over and over again, I don't see the point. People need to work a little bit harder and find new topics for discussion, so that the forum can become even more interesting place to be around.