Why do so Many People Want to Start Their First Business in a Big way?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
When you're starting a business for the first time, it can be a little scary. That's why so many people want to start their first business in a big way—they don't want to make an investment that cannot be recovered, and they feel like if they go big, they will have more resources at their disposal. In reality, though, many successful businesses started out small and grew into large companies. When you are starting your first business, take the time to test your market and see if you have a viable product before investing too heavily in resources such as employees or advertising.

However, some do this because they fiind themselves wanting to have an office building, a company car, and a large staff to manage. This is not at all what most successful entrepreneurs start with! A small budget, some basic equipment, and no employees are the key components of many successful first-time businesses.

Some don't want to start small because they carry themselves so high, comparing their mates, those that started well and long ago before them.

If you are planning on starting your first business, be realistic about your resources. Start with the bare minimum and don't get ahead of yourself by trying to fulfill your every need. The less you spend on start-up costs, the more money you'll have for advertising and promotion!

moneyteam

There are reasons why people want to start their first business in a big way. Starting a business is a huge commitment and can be very risky. However, the rewards can be great. Having a successful business can give you financial freedom, the ability to be your own boss, and the satisfaction of knowing that you built something from scratch.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I don't really know the reason why so many people will choose this way , but personally I have my own reason why I will decide to start up my business as a large organisation .

One of the major reason why I will likely chose to do it this way is because my business will be more renown .

A lot of people including me are believing that at least if they can be able to start up their business as a huge organisation , that it will attract more people because the business will be popular and so many people will understand about its existence and will always want to partner .

Sometimes, this is always a dream because in most cases it may not likely comes to pass .

When you are thinking of starting a business this way , so many things are being put into consideration.

The major disadvantage why people are not able to engage in this even when they have planned is because of the huge capital requirements , so many people also may not even have the money to secured a good and suitable location for their business talkless of even establishing it .

Abigael

Valued Contributor
It is true that there are so many people who will want to start their businesses big rather than starting small then gradually growing into a bigger business. Of which that is how most successful businesses started. But some people are misled by their desire to be better than others and the need to just have big things and so they start really big businesses.

Such a mentality will only cause you trouble in the end. Running a business is not about show off, it is about planning it well so that you can invest money and earn profits out of it. When you hurry into it just for show off, you won't have enough time to plan well and kick off strongly.

Those who start business big in a hurry could also be going through the pressure of investing a huge amount that they earned suddenly. Maybe through inheritance or winning a lottery. Having such a high amount could mislead you terribly. It is so much better to take it slow and plan first.

Other reasons for going straight into big businesses could be genuine and great. For example when you link up with partners and so have contributed to a huge amount that you can start the business with. You can plan together and start a big business.

Last edited:

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The urge and hope to start up a business in a very large way has made some people not to have their dream business started till today. They have not met with the requirements of large business. They have not had the huge money necessary to start up a business in a large way.

Why will someone will want to start in a bigger way rather than starting small and be growing it till it becomes so large? There are many reasons for this. Each person that find himself or herself in this may have his reason but the commonest reasons for this rich are the following:

They always want to make bigger reward. To be honest. The reward for entrepreneur is always loss or gain. But all entrepreneurs always want to make gain. And the larger your organisation, the more your gain. You can never expect someone that started with $600 to be making the same profit with someone that started with $6000.

Some people want to be employers of labour. They want to contribute their own quota to the society. I am part of this. I have always being dreaming to have a large business where I can employe more than 100 people under me.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Many aspiring entrepreneurs dream of making a massive splash with their initial venture, imagining overnight fame and fortune from a rapidly scaling, high-growth startup. They crave the prestige and legacy of building the "next big thing". However, starting smaller with incremental steps reduces risks and allows developing key skills before over-extending. Aiming too high too soon invites costly mistakes from inexperience. Humble beginnings often provide sounder foundations for sustainable success.