Why I think Vacation is a waste of money and resources.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I hear people say that they want to go on vacation. They budget large sums of money for vacations. This often gets me confused about how this works. You save some money, travel to a distant land, and stay there for some time all in the name of vacation. Don't get me wrong. I support that people should spoil themselves and rest from burnout. But must it be to a distant place? The funny part is that lower middle-class people also indulge in this practice. I see it as a waste of money especially when you are not stupendously rich.
My idea of a vacation is that it can be a fun place around your base. In that way, you would conserve some funds. When you think of hotel bills in a foreign land, air tickets, and other sundry expenses, my rational self sees it as a complete waste of funds.

Everyone have their own point of view though. When it comes to vacation, most persons assume if they do not travel to a new and distant location, it is impossible to actually relax and have fun. While there are others who simply do this cause they consider traveling as part of their relaxation. For me though, i dont mind going to new places once in awhile and just relax but i still consider being at home, doing notting and just watch movies or play games as a good way to relax as well. I dont even remember when last i had a vacation.

If your earnings are limited and if you do not have emergency savings, retirement savings, and investment portfolios spending money on vacations might look silly, however, if you are financially stable and financially secure, vacations are a must. What's the point of making money when you cannot enjoy your life? Your work hard, you make a lot of money and one day you die, you will leave everything you accumulated behind you, what's the point of your living? Life is also for enjoyment. Going on a vacation is to enjoy life and appreciate the beauty of life. Going on a foreign trip will be a bad decision only when you are struggling with finances, the form you are not having a hard time with money, you should certainly go for a vacation. You can even monetize your vacation by selling your vacation photographs, making vacation videos, and posting on social media.