Why is it so hard to get a good job with my degree?

King bell

VIP Contributor
This may because it's a tough job market, or because it costs a fortune to go to school. College tuition, for example, rose 3.2% from last year according to the National Center for Education Statistics. But what if you don't happen to live in an area with great employment opportunities? Or maybe you have children who need their mother or father at home? Whatever the case may be, college is not necessarily the answer for everyone — and this doesn't mean that all hope is lost in your quest for an exciting career that pays well (unless you're struggling). You may want to consider alternative ways of getting ahead in your field such as going on apprenticeships of sorts or starting up your own small business. Another option would be to look into becoming a "free agent" or temp worker, which includes assignments such as sales and administrative work.

According to Forbes , the free agent job market has been growing in recent years. A survey by staffing firm Adecco found that full-time employment is actually down by 3.6% since the start of 2008, while temporary jobs have gone up by 4.5% over the same time period. If you don't have time for college, or college isn't your thing, being a free agent may be an option for you. This is because being self-employed allows you to work on your own schedule rather than having a boss who tells you when and where to work.

Like in my country I don't think low unemployment rate started of recent it has always been there it is just that it is more pronounced now. You need to see the number of people that have always been in the job matket to understand the problem we have in our hands.

Before now I hear it was all about going to school then come out to grab an already waiting job but now you would be through with school and it will take you donkey years to even get a small tiny job. it has never been easy from 20 years back

Another problem is that of greed. You see people in the place of authority keeping jobs for their lived ones. Someone that is still in school and might even need up to 4-5 years to finish being kept a job for. It is really appalling that graduates are now roaming the streets with no jobs.