Why passive income makes you lazy

King bell

VIP Contributor
Earning income passively can make you lazy

It’s hard to make a living when you work hard, work all the time, and get paid nothing. Somebody who is unlucky enough to be in this situation might start looking for alternative ways of generating income, such as trading stocks or doing odd jobs on the side. We’ll call this person Person A.

However, there’s another type of person who falls into a different class: Person B. This person has a job that pays pretty well but is also very low-stress because they do it passively – maybe they do creative work while at home or they invest and make their living that way. This lifestyle is pretty sweet, but it’s not without its problems.

For instance, when you’re a passive earner and you’re sitting in your house all day doing nothing, there’s really no reason for you to get out of bed in the morning. Person B might begin to feel guilty about how unproductive they are and take it as a personal failing that they don’t have the drive to go out and do anything productive during their waking hours. In many ways this is a perfect example of how laziness can eat away at our souls.

Shaf

Verified member
It's not necessarily true that passive income is a reason for laziness. There are people who earn passively that work harder than those who earn on a regular basis working hard jobs. It's a personal decision and a measure of how much discipline one has to be hardworking.

Most passive income jobs and business ideas require a lot of work initially, and even after establishment, they usually require some effort to keep running smoothly. Talk of someone involved in real estate. Such a person would have to check on their property, and if they have a lot, it could mean they are working each day.

Also not all passive income earners gave only one source of income. To maintain real passive income, it's best to have at least two sources of income. Whenever one business is not doing well, the others can be used to run expenses and can even serve as capital to rejuvenate the business.

FALTUDOST

yes you right but you can imagine this is a one time struggle to create passive income and make money life time ok.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Yes indeed there is a way that passive earning makes you lazy even though most of the passive earners I know of including myself are not a victim to this.

Most of passive earners I know are hard-working and that is even a reason why they were able to secure means through which they make passive income.

But as a passive earner, you may have the impression that whether you work or not, you will get paid and that makes you lag and less active reason being that you need not bother since your income is sure and safe guarded.

That will indeed be able to lead to laziness especially among people who have low financial goals and can be content if they are able to take care of their immediate needs and a couple of their wants.
But I think passive income makes me work harder especially towards securing more of such income means which helps me attain stability financially.

Suba

Staff member
I don't agree with your motto, passive income will not always make people lazy, and that and it will depend on each person's personality and nature, Getting large passive income from various sources such as stocks, crypto, property will make almost all your needs fulfilled, but for people who are used to working and creating, will not stay silent and always look for new innovations. In fact, many of them are motivated to develop new businesses, become content creators or create podcasts, not just for money but for fun and education.

Nova

In reality there is also no such thing as passive income.
You spend like 1 day creating video to earn from it for next few months then that video goes down in view.
So you create new content and cycle repeats. It's never pure 100 percent passive come. Instead it is more or less active efforts and passive rewards.

Peru

However, there’s another type of person who falls into a different class: Person B. This person has a job that pays pretty well but is also very low-stress because they do it passively – maybe they do creative work while at home or they invest and make their living that way. This lifestyle is pretty sweet, but it’s not without its problems.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I do not see it that way personally , having opportunity to make money passively on the internet does not really makes you to be lazy . A lot of people are spending so much of their time to maintain the passiveness of their income by creating more jobs that helps them to even generate more passive income.

People that are generating passive income by posting e-book or other content on Amazon Kindle will not only have to depend on one content they have posted alone. They will definitely look for a way to post more than one to increase their earning and this is also something they have to focus and work on in their spare time..

So many people that have opportunity to generate passive income may have an extra ways they are also making money offline. As we all understand so many people do not rely on one source of income nowadays.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
No, not al all.

Passive income doesn't make me lazy for any reason, but makes me more active. The reason is that passive cannot happen without active, passive income is related to some or the other active source.

I think that if I increase my activity, then my passive income will also increase. For example, on the recent merge of ethereum, people are actively hodling ethereum to get more staking rewards once the ethereum becomes PoS.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
I believe that most people like passive income. It is wonderful to earn money passively without making any special effort or while sleeping. Of course, you have to work hard in the beginning in order to enjoy these passive earnings. I do not think that passive income makes you lazy. This has to do with each person, their personality and their character. I really hope that people will succeed in making passive income because it will make their life easier and less stressful. Maybe they will not all succeed in that but at least it is wise to try it because it is definitely worth it.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Why are we working hard? Is it not to make money? Since there is a way for us to make money with no or little stress, then why do we now need an extra hard work. Is it because we don't want to be called lazy or see ourselves lazy, we should now try to do hard work.

The main reason we are work is to make money. There are times in our lifes that we will work morning and night just to earn daily means, and at the end of the day, we will still not earn a satisfied amount of money. It is not been hard working that makes someone to be rich but by how smart the person is.

Someone that has a passive income, does not mean that he is not hardworking. The brain he used to set up the passive income is hard work on its own because he will have to reason well and put into plan on what he reason before he now put it into reality.

Mika

VIP Contributor
The OP seems to have a wrong notion about passive income. Passive income is not something that starts raining money out of nowhere. You will have to work really hard to build your passive income source. Every month, I make $100-$200 passive income from my blog. In order to make this amount from my blog, I have worked on my blog for years, and published over 150 articles. I also make passive income from my stock investment. In order to build passive income through investment, I have worked hard to save money, and then invest my savings in the stock market to generate passive income. I also earn passive income by selling print-on-demand products, I have worked for many months, almost for a year to be able to generate passive income by selling products. If you are lazy, you can't build passive income. Passive income is possible only if you are hard working.