D

Deleted member 13140

I joined business owners WhatsApp Group, And Guess what they welcomed me with, "Rich Dad Poor Dad" This is a book about finance, A book every Startup should read, A book you should give your child once there get older.
I was gifted A lot more books but Non were like that.
Reading books is really the foundation of a successful entrepreneur

Corley's wealthy respondents said they spend at least 30 minutes per day on education or self-improvement through reading.
The majority of people choose biographies, history, and self-help books than fiction.
If you enjoy reading a good book, that can also be beneficial. Reading for pleasure can help you advance in your job, according to science.

How Many Of You know who Warren Buffett is, well he is a legendary business man, a serial entrepreneur and guess what he said "reading is the most important habit he's established"

Here is the kicker, for those who don't believe in reading Most times when you start your online journey you'll have no idea what you're doing, As an entrepreneur, there's no shame in not understanding anything at first, especially when you're just getting started, but there is a loss — and your business will suffer as a result — if you choose not to educate yourself. Reading may save you time in the long term by providing information that will assist you avoid making mistakes in the future. In other ways, reading expert literature can provide you with knowledge that took someone else decades to acquire the hard way.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
The relevance of reading to business books can never be over emphasize and this is a main thing that a lot of people are not doing and would always be complaining about not see any significant progress in their being able to make good amount of money as they really expect to do in their businesses .

There are so many advantages that reading presents to a business or intending business owners.

Someone who reads a lot would hardly miss out on current information with regards to business, especially in the sector where they are specializing in .

When you read books written by people who already successful in that line of business that you are going into , it will enable you to try as much as possible to learn from the mistakes they made, and also not repeat this same mistakes in your own business .

Reading books that have been written by people who are successful in a field that you too want to go into would enable you to see how they are using different strategies to succeed in the business .

When you are knowledgeable of the strategies they are using, it will be very easy for you to manipulate your way and succeed in the same business.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thank you for sharing, personally I know reading of books will help so many people achieve success in their area of concentration and not only on business alone. For me the point is that I don't even think I will have enough time to read books but instead I rather browse on the internet about any book I am interested to read and I can read it on the internet. Carrying a book physically to start reading is a waste of time and I consider it to be among the most boring activities in my life.

I wouldn't mind reading the book from the Internet . I have seen so many similar books that deal with establishment of business and how to manage your life affair from your youthful age to a point can you achieve whatever you need , To also be an important person and contribute positively to your environment and the society , I tried checking most of those books online but I wasn't able to see them.

I don't just know why but I can't read books physically because it will be too boring and even if I have to read it physically I have to flip to the last page to get the last information.

Sikapa

Verified member
Reading is learning and learning is knowing. This means the more you learn the more you know. There is no doubt that people who read can be good business owners because they have the knowledge about the kind of business that they are doing. I don't think they will just read any books that will not be concerning about their businesses.

In one way or the other, you business has been established by someone before you and there for the person may have the idea so if you read the books about your business written by the author, they you will get to know how you should go by it.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
This is a very educative thread you have shared. Reading is very important for sure. It is through reading that you learn alot and develop a good character that leads to success. You will find for sure that most successful businessmen prefer reading self help books more than fiction books.

When you read about something, it opens your mind and gives you ideas that you would not come up with on your own. Especially if you are reading people's biographies or advices on things you can try in any situation. That guides your ability to make decisions from a resourceful engagement.

Reading also helps you alot if you have a career in writing. It teaches you new things that you can share with your readers and gives you a chance to try new writing styles that may work out really we. Therefore, you should always invest in learning the reading culture in order to be a better self developed person.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Reading is a skill that many of people take for granted. But if you can read, you have one of the most powerful tools at your disposal to improve your life. Reading has been linked to increased empathy, improved communication skills, and better sleep. In short, it makes you a better person.

If you're an entrepreneur or hoping to start a small business soon, reading can help you even more than that. It can make you a better business owner. Here's why:

1. Reading improves your writing skills

As an entrepreneur, one of the most important skills you can have is being able to communicate effectively in writing—whether it's emails, proposals, or reports. When you read more, this becomes easier because you gain exposure to different writing styles and become more familiar with language conventions.

2. Reading helps you find new sources of inspiration

Movies and television shows are great sources of inspiration for entrepreneurs—but so is literature! If you're trying to grow your business but feel stuck on how to do it, picking up a book could give you the ideas and motivation you need to move forward again.