Why Some Low-Ranked Employees Never Get Pension?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Whenever you serve a company, you are entitled to get pension on monthly basis. This is also the rule when it comes to jobs people get in government departments. There is a fixed pension every employee must get. However, I have also noticed that many people in my country never receive pension after they reach the old age and the company and their children simply abandon them at some point of their life and this is quite heartbreaking. Most of the employees who are abandoned by their companies are those who never reached a good position when they used to work. The problem in my country is that company owners always want people to work for low salaries and they never want to pay good salaries, let alone pension! Have you also witnessed such a thing?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Pension in my country is always guaranteed only in the governemnt jobs. Pension is not a free money as far as my country is concerned. They are just the part of the workers money and little from the government that's not saved till retirement for it to be redeemed. So it is their right to collect pension and not privilege.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Pension in my country is always guaranteed only in the governemnt jobs. Pension is not a free money as far as my country is concerned. They are just the part of the workers money and little from the government that's not saved till retirement for it to be redeemed. So it is their right to collect pension and not privilege.

As far as I know, many government employees also get pension but people of private sector always suffer a lot and get no benefits when they retire unless they had a high position in the company. A person working in private sector must save money and start his or her own business in the old age after retirement and never expect anything from the company.

Good luck

Verified member
Most of the low ranked workers are not recognized by the top officials and they don't really consider them when it is time for their pension or gratuity after serving for a long period of time.Even the so called officials at the top may be investing their subordinate areas which they are suppose to take home though our leaders are not helping matter.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
As far as I know, many government employees also get pension but people of private sector always suffer a lot and get no benefits when they retire unless they had a high position in the company. A person working in private sector must save money and start his or her own business in the old age after retirement and never expect anything from the company.
Nice contribution. But we must note that saving is required of everybody no matter where we work and how much we earn. We need to save for the old age and for some purpose not only to serve as our pension. There are some private businesses that pay pension as well. I am working on a private sector and there is provision for pension.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Most companies in my country do not value small workers working for them cos of their positions. They do not place them so high cos of their level of education or certificate that they use in getting the job, so with that, they would not believe they deserve to be given pension or treated very well as workers.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In the Philippines the pension plan is required by law for workers whether of government or private companies. The premium of the pension plan is shared by the employee and the employer. The required contribution for a pensioner is at least 120 months. Those who retired without reaching that number of monthly contribution will have no pension but they can continue paying the balance until the 120th monthly premium.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Nice contribution. But we must note that saving is required of everybody no matter where we work and how much we earn. We need to save for the old age and for some purpose not only to serve as our pension. There are some private businesses that pay pension as well. I am working on a private sector and there is provision for pension.

I also believe that we must not only save for our old age but we must also work hard to create a passive income source for us in old old age. This is only possible if we make enough money during our young age and start a business that will sustain for a long time till we get old. Unfortunately, many people do not create a source that generates passive income and suffer in the old age due to financial problems.