Why study Economics?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
From the way many people attempted to describe economics, since without scarcity there would be no need to economize.

Economics is studied because society does not have the resources to prepare people with all the material things they need and want .

All the countries, both rich and poor are faced with common problem of deciding how they will use their resources to satisfy their people. You can as well say something you know about it.

Abee111

The study of economics helps prepare you for careers that require numerical, analytical and problem solving skills – for example in business planning, marketing, research and management. Economics helps you to think strategically and make decisions to optimise the outcome,minimize cost of life.

Olajidey

Economics is a social science that studies how people interact with value (worth or merit of an item) and also the production, distribution and consumption of goods and services. Economics prepare us for career and also us to reason strategically and also make decisions that will be the best result

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
We study economics because it helps people understand the world around them.it also enables people to understand people businesses, markets and government,and therefore better response to the threat and opportunities that emerge when things change.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Economics helps us in rationalizing our behavior when it comes to make choice out of more options. It teaches us to identifu the financial problem of a country and how to proffer solution to these problems. Also, it helps in allowing us to know how money is circulated in the economy.

Mellorando

Banned
We live in a world that makes economics and important discussion wherever it comes to business because uman beings need money to satisfy our numerous wants and because money is a scare resources we have to study economics so as to no how to manage our resources to meet our various ones it is wise to know that human beings one cannot be completely satisfied but it could be controlled if we have the knowledge of economics

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
We have an economic subject in college and I think I had economics subjects for 1 year. But I don't see my learning relevant in the economy. It is purely common sense to me that when the prices go up then the value of money becomes lower and vice versa. In my career I had never experienced needing the knowledge in economics.