Why Television Advertisement Is So Expensive?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Advertisement and marketing has been playing a very important role in the promotion of products manufacturers intend to sell every day. One of the most important aspect of traditional advertisement is the use of television to advertise many sorts of products. According to several studies, the use of television has rose a lot due to various reasons and we can say that pandemic is one of the main reasons why people watch a lots of television due to the fact that they stay at home. According to the information that I have read online, it seems that the usage of television has rose to up to 15 percent and it has been estimated that this will grow more by the passage of time.

The fact of the matter is that it is really hard to advertise on television because most of the advertisements are displayed on television by the news channels and they charge a heavy fees for displaying your advertisement. According to what I have read, the minimum cost of displaying advertisement on television in my country is $300 to $800 per minute and it depends at what time of the day or night you want your advertisement to get displayed. So, do you think that it is actually worth it? These rates sound too high to me.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Advertisement and marketing has been playing a very important role in the promotion of products manufacturers intend to sell every day. One of the most important aspect of traditional advertisement is the use of television to advertise many sorts of products. According to several studies, the use of television has rose a lot due to various reasons and we can say that pandemic is one of the main reasons why people watch a lots of television due to the fact that they stay at home. According to the information that I have read online, it seems that the usage of television has rose to up to 15 percent and it has been estimated that this will grow more by the passage of time.

The fact of the matter is that it is really hard to advertise on television because most of the advertisements are displayed on television by the news channels and they charge a heavy fees for displaying your advertisement. According to what I have read, the minimum cost of displaying advertisement on television in my country is $300 to $800 per minute and it depends at what time of the day or night you want your advertisement to get displayed. So, do you think that it is actually worth it? These rates sound too high to me.
Hi Good-Guy. Another interesting post from you. I totally agree with you that after covid-19, people watch television for more hours because they stay at home and because they want to get informed about covid. It is true that the cost of advertisements on TV is extremely high. Well, my humble opinion is that it is not actually worth it but we cannot change it I think. :)

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Hi Good-Guy. Another interesting post from you. I totally agree with you that after covid-19, people watch television for more hours because they stay at home and because they want to get informed about covid. It is true that the cost of advertisements on TV is extremely high. Well, my humble opinion is that it is not actually worth it but we cannot change it I think. :)

As far as I know, most of the businesses that use television as a way to advertise their products are actually really big companies. This is because I do not think that it is possible for small businesses to advertise their products on television because small businesses usually have a really small capital or budget and I do not think that they could afford such kind of advertisement which is just too expensive for them. The good thing is that small businesses could opt for online advertisements because online advertisement is much cheaper as compared to advertising on television. This is why many small restaurants in my country use online advertisements rather than advertising their products on television.

Wiserr

Advertisement on television is a very nice idea,I am sure with that one can earn passive income,when your product is advertised people will get to know about your product and might even be your customers.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Apart from the time that people spend much time watching television and hereby are prone to see more of these advertisements, television advertisment also serves two purposes of both visual and hearing. Which make it relevant as intending buyers would see what he's intending to buyers and also hear how the things are being used.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
In answering this we must put a lot of factors into consideration when looking at why it seems like television advertisement is more expensive as compared to other mediums that can be use to promote a product or services. First television broadcasting houses pays alot on tax, and again they incure alot on the cost of maintaining their equipment, and again we must also consider the cost of overhead. Salaries of workers. And their other hidden fees they remit to the general broadcasting body for their operations and licence subscriptions annually. All these and many more are challenges they are been faced with.

D

Deleted member 13140

I've always wondered why Television advertisement is so high, I mean it shouldn't be that high since people actually watch more of YouTube than they watch of Tv.. anyway I speak for myself, but honestly it shouldn't... also as someone that want's to go into advertising, I don't think I know anything about television adverts and I don't think I want to.. From the start I knew tv ads will be huge, I even thought it would be around $1000, well guess I was wrong, one thing is certain though, I have never considered Tv Adverts as an option.

D

Deleted member 28127

There is another alternative is television website you know that most of the televisions have a website where they stream online their activities then it is possible that they are web advertisement on the online web site of the television but they are so much cheaper than the televisions that are spotted on television satellite because it does not cost anything compared to the traditional advertisement but more expensive than an ordinary website because there is a lot of visitors compared to particular website means more clicks on your advertisement that you buy an advertisement in top corner or left side or bottom side.

benlouie

This was new and useful content for me. Thanks for sharing.