Why You Shouldn't Save

moonchild

VIP Contributor
There is a lot of blogs about savings, why savings is very important and why anyone that has no savings is on his way to ruin.

I've been reading them for a long time now and I realized savings can even be bad for you, because most of this blogs are saying you should deny yourself some things that'll make your life easier because you want to save some bucks and most of these people if you ask them why are saving they'll tell, they are saving towards retirement, what if you didn't make it to retirement and died, what if you made it to retirement with millions, is money meant to be spent when you're old?

I think it's one of the matrix mentality that get people stucked, I don't save money, I spend money on things that makes life better, period.

And what takes care of my money problems is my business, I'm building a business that will make me free and don't have to worry about money.

And you all propagating savings, I'd like to challenge you a debate in the comment section, I'd like to understand how you reason and we can pick each other's brain while at it.

Heartstrings

Well,that is for you,you can only advice and give reasons why people don't have to save and you don't have to force your ideas and the way you want to live your life in someone else. If you decide not to save at all,that's what you think it is best for you. I don't think anyone will advise you to deny yourself off some goods,but you can be advices not to spend unnecessarily or extravagantly in the name of enjoying life,let's be realistic here.

Yes we all know death can visit at any time,don't those people have children? Or family members? Parents? Money are not meant to be spend when you are old but we all know an old man or woman may face some health challenges that may hinder them from working or would not have the strength to work,so they rest and enjoy the fruit of their labour.

Those who doesn't have a steady income always try to save up some little cash for emergency or unforseen circumstances.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
@Heartstrings I acknowledge your points, my point is, you should not save money for the essence of saving for rainy days because it's all hogwash.

My own is one should work in raising his income in such a way that you don't even have to worry about savings anymore you understand?

Imagine if you sold your company for 20M$ will you be worried about that?

You understand what I mean?

You just have to change your mindset and start thinking towards that angle and visualize where you want to be and then think backwards and start going towards that direction.

But wasting time on saving and denying yourself just to save is not going to cut it for you.

We spend a quite amount of money monthly with my team, but then I don't think about it. I think of our idea and where we are and how we can reach profitability quickly.

Rubz

I really don't agree with your mentality of not saving. Well, everyone is open to their own opinion but i just want you to know that saving is very important. I don't agree with those blogs saying that one should deny oneself of the good things of life in order to save. That's a very wrong mentality. Saving is not a "do or die" affair. One is meant to save what one can afford to save and not deprive oneself of goods things in the name of "saving". Saving is meant to help one out in times of unforseen financial problems and not for retirement. Although, it is good to save towards retirement but it shouldn't be the basis of one's saving.