General insurance Will Auto Insurance Cover Blown Engine?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
There was a time I wanted to go and pay a close friend a courtesy visit in his home. It is a bit far from my place so I have to go along on the Express before I could get to his side.

After waiting for a while in the bus stop, I boarded a car going to his place. But one thing happened on the Way. A popular company in my country has lots of trucks moving along this expressway.

One of the trucks is going in front of us and suddenly we heard a loud sound like a blown off grenade. It was the engine of the truck that blown off.

The driver of the truck seems not too worried and this got everybody surprised.

A person said the driver is acting that way because he knows that insurance will cover for the blown engine. Another person said no, insurance can only covers for body accident of the truck. The issue was on resolved before I could get out of the bus.

so I want to ask you guys that can insurance cover for a blown off engine of a car?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Auto insurance covers the car, the whole parts of a car to be precise. Let's take an illustration of someone that's under the health insurance, if the person has headache, he will be attended to as well as if he has internal bleeding in as much it is the same body of the same person.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Since you are insuring your car , then it covers every part of the car even the door and others ,I have not seen a specific one before ,so you shouldn't be too bothered about it ,since the insurance company would cover such risk and you won't bother too much about spending on auch

Mika

VIP Contributor
What is covered and what isn't depends on the policy you have bought. You need to check the terms and conditions thoroughly to see what are the coverages the policy is going to provide. The coverages depend according to the insurance policies offered by the various insurance companies in your place.

Good luck

Verified member
I think this should cover the insurance of the car initially but if it is not then it should be possible to insure a vehicle car Incase anything happens to the car probably if it has an engine problem or the engine of the car got blown or knocked down.it will be the responsibility of the insurance company to see to it

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Your thread is a funny one. Engine is the most important and perhaps the costly part of the vehicle is the engine. So, if such a sensitive and important part isn't part of the insurance coverage, I think auto insurance policies isn't necessary. The most important part of the auto insurance is that it covers all damages that is related to the vehicle. No one will buy auto insurance if it doesn't cover the vehicle engine.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I think there should be an insurance policy for a blown engine under car insurance policy. Because it depends on the kind of insurance policy you opt for, under the car insurance policy. So if your insurance policy covers a blown engine, definitely you will get a coverage for it if the incident arises