Will I still be receiving my salary even if I retire?

Ajebo25

Verified member
Today I heard my mum saying that she will still be getting paid even after her retirement I went to close and asked her why and she made me to understand that government workers usually receive salary even after pension and gratitude has been paid she told me that it is not as if she will receive or as salary amount like she used to when she was still in service but it will unable to receive like 60% of the salary and I was shocked that is it every government job that pays salary even after retirement?

when I asked her if it is all government workers that receive their salary after retirement she told me that know that it only applies to some people that they are some jobs that doesn't pay people even after their retirement is this true?

I would like to know the job that will still pay me even if I have retired because I think that will be good receiving your pension and gratitude and still be getting paid monthly just name the professions for me and I'll make the rest of them if it is military work I already know that they pay even after retirement.

Inestimable

True,one should make up his or her mind to start making passive income ... preparing for the raining day is a good financial prudence because if u do ,you don't need to to asking of help when that time come....and that is the reason why most people love to work for govt but the truth be told what a govt worker recieve at end of their retirement is poor...one good job that can you very well even when u retire u still be harvesting the fruit of ur labour is online making....you must loom at what the people actually want and meet their needs

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Well a lot of private firms do not pay after retirement. So once you retire you will no longer earn anything at all. Though there are a few private firms that pay pension a lot of them do not pay.
But if you want a pensionable work then you should find government work. Almost every government worker earns even after retirement. Though the pension is also your money saved which accumulates overtime and now is given back to you bit by bit.
So any work that your employer is the government has a guarantee if pension in Nigeria. So your mom as well might be a government worker
Moreso not only your pension you will have what is called housing funds which is an amount given to you to help you settle down immediately after retiring from a government job. Furthermore a gratuity as you have talked about earlier is paid to government worker. This usually comes as a huge link of money and is meant to help the retiree as he is settling down.
A job that pays pension is of course a good one but at times the amount you can earn and save from some private firms and independent businesses can be more that what you get from a pensionable work.