Will my pension be sufficient for me after retirement

Carpon

Valued Contributor
For many workers approaching retirement, a question that resounds on their mind is the question of whether their pension will be enough for them after retirement and whether or not they will need to find an alternative source of income that can augment the pension and upgrade your total income to the amount of your former salary.
Well, the question of whether or not your pension will be sufficient enough for you cannot be answered without giving out some factors that must first be considered and on the scale of their response you will know if you can adjust and your pension will be enough for you after you retire.
First is your level of expenditure. Do you spend your money on majorly needs or wants? If they are needs that you mostly channel your salary towards, then you will begin to know that your pension may not be enough
Secondly is whether you have been saving or not.
If you have been saving the you know that you already have another source of funds and your salary may be the same with your pension if you have been saving from your salary. But if not you know that you need to find something doing that can generate preferably passive income because you may not have the capacity to do the work that you can earn actively from. So before the retirement age comes and knocks on your door, you should make necessary provision for key so that it does not stomp on your house by force.
What are your thoughts?

Epicnoob

I think the pension system as we know it today will disappear. Not sure when but there are indications that this is the end goal.
What you can do best, in my personal opinion is to always teach yourself a skillset that can be done even when you are in your 90s.