D

Deleted member 13140

This is an assumption by the way, let's say you own a company and you're an entrepreneur and somehow you just got bored of your company and all that.

Would you end it and get a job?

I've seen cases where it happened the person owned a business and then later ended it and became a senior manager at some other company.

And this question was brought up on reddit I think and this is what someone said -

"I would start another business.
I can't see myself going back to a corporate world. I did 23 years of those before starting my own business and to me, the job satisfaction of being an entrepreneur far outweighs any benefit or comfort in a senior management job.
If I end my current business I would find another investment opportunity, assemble a team and grow the business. That’s the most fulfilling part - getting your idea launched, having bunch of people committed to the vision also enjoying the success and seeing customers respond positively to your product or service"

And to me, its what I would do.

What about you?

funmi

Verified member
To be candid leaving ones business to getting a job is not an easy decision to make. But I will not encourage anyone to get a job and leave your business on side . it is better to run both concurrently, that is if the business is truly failing as a result financial challenges and one is trying to avoid the temptation of borrowing, or accessing loans from a third party. Or that is if the business has liquidator and the business is suffering from bankruptcy.

Hence I will encourage all business owners to get strive to see their business move to the next level rather than lose hope and result to abandoning their business and going in search of a job. The truth is it snot easy but it will.pay off in the long run. As you continue to strive you will end up getting there someday and you will become employer of labour. The truth is when you work for others the day you resign from the job you will be left with nothing but yourself and there will be nothing to leave behind for your children. But with your business you can leave something behind got your children as a legacy.

Stena

I am sure people have different views about this, and reasons attached.
Personally, leaving my business and taking up a job is a no-no. That is where I came from, and possibly cannot quit my business just to focus on a job. I would rather couple both.
We know the business sector is not void of its own cons, depending on the type of business, and some business persons might not be able to keep up with them.
There are possible reasons why one would fold his or her business and seek a job. It could be due to poor planning, lack of funds to keep the business running, poor managerial ability or a drop in motivation.
Many people who formally took on jobs, faced challenges, heard about the profitability in business, quit their jobs, launched their own businesses, are most of those who quickly fold up their mats and run back to seeking jobs when things go sour. These people did not take time to plan their businesses, they only plunged in expecting a safe landing.
Some business persons lack managerial ability, they show incompetence at financial and people management, and when they get fed up, they decide to fold their mats.
While others may have genuine reasons for leaving their businesses for a job, still, such swap requires careful thought to avoid regrets.

D

Deleted member 13140

If you're truly an entrepreneur, or just so I won't sound weird if you truly love your business.

Let me just say this first, I was watching a video, an interview between Gary vee and this lady and she asked Gary vee who an Entrepreneur was and whether everyone can be entrepreneurs, he said yes, but if you've ever had a job you're not an entrepreneur, and mostly its true.

And he lead on to saying it's not about ever having a job though, but if can you ever be comfortable with a job, will you be happy, and he then landed with, as an entrepreneur, I can't breath at the thought of having a job.

Kendy

Verified member
This question is really tactical and demands cautionary measures. It would depend on the type of job being offered because perhaps before I started a business, I must have tried out jobs and they remained unfavourable and that made me decide to concentrate on business. A job cannot make me to close down my business most especially if the business is still thriving. I would never make such hasty decision to close down my business for any job that is not guaranteed and secured. If the job offer is in a private organisation, I would not even think for even a second of shutting my business down, I would review their renumeration, terms and conditions in its totality and if it is favourable, I would combine it with my business but this time, I would either higher a Manager or hand the management over to the most hard working and loyal employee while I handle the job. If the situation is with a public organization, I would still not close down my business because nothing is definite in this my country and salaries are being owed even to government workers except it were to be in developed countries then I might reconsider shutting down or selling the business to investors.