Would you invest all your gratuity or pension?

Thosynho

Gratuity in my country is that huge amount of money government or private sectors pay to their retiree after a successful active service with them. This payment is done once. It's usually calculated around 40 to 50% of the retiree actual savings with the pension administrators. While pension is the monthly stipends paid to retirees after their active work in service. This monthly payment is done from the remaining 60 to 50% of retirees savings with the pension administrators. The money will be spread monthly for like 15 years on a monthly bases.
My question now is which one is more advisable to invest with, gratuity or the monthly pension?

Someone shouldn't invest all is gratuity on pension,it doesn't look proper to me. Like when my Dad retired from his job, he was paid a huge some of gratuity but some part of it was paid to him in huge sum while other was fix on pension. The one he collected helped him a lot to build his own apartment where he now live comfortably.

In my own opinion gratuity is meant for investment so that it can continue to bring more I come since the retiree has has already been relieved of the opportunity to continue working and a salary. There are many retirees who have wrongly managed their gratuity by using it to buy capital properties instead of investing it to yield more. Pension is the little monthly stipend given to a retiree in order to support their expenses. This stipend is not always enough to cater for their needs because of the current financial status. This the more reason for a retiree to invest his/her gratuity so as to have something to fall back on even if the pension is not paid at the expected time.

In our country the government’s pension plan has no option except for the monthly pension only. However, if there is an option for a lump sum and monthly pension guess I will still choose the monthly pension. I plan to live a longer life so the monthly pension is lifetime while the lump sum or gratuity is just one time. When you are retired the most important thing in the mind is the thought that there is some money coming your way. It gives me peace of mind.

Invest my gratuity in low yield but capital guaranteed investments like mutual funds, treasury bills and bonds. The monthly pension will used to run the family and take care of personal or emergency needs. Investing in low yield but capital guaranteed investment ensures that returns come in as at agreed date and the capital is not lost. The reason for investing all the gratuity is so that the returns can be tangible enough to either set up a business or for reinvestment.

In my own opinion gratuity is meant for investment so that it can continue to bring more I come since the retiree has has already been relieved of the opportunity to continue working and a salary. There are many retirees who have wrongly managed their gratuity by using it to buy capital properties instead of investing it to yield more. Pension is the little monthly stipend given to a retiree in order to support their expenses. This stipend is not always enough to cater for their needs because of the current financial status. This the more reason for a retiree to invest his/her gratuity so as to have something to fall back on even if the pension is not paid at the expected time.
I also support the fact that they should invest their gratuity,but it should be some kind of investment they are well assure of,because most investment platform were open to get people ripped off.
So they should be more vigilant when it comes to investing of their gravity..
And I must say this or better still they should invest on their self by getting a good business idea to invest into like they start and earn money by their self,not paying any investment broker of such to invest on their behalf.
So if they could try and check balance all this thay i point out before starting anything at all,they should be more knowledgeable of what they want to start doing and be getting their good profit and reward immediately..