Would You Start A Blog About Fiction?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I have been a writer for a long time. In fact, I have been writing content since I was a child. I am not a native English speaker, but I also try my best to write the right kind of content. I have received a award for writing a fictional story in my primary school. During my childhood, I used to write fictional stories on my computer that never had an Internet connection. I do not believe that I am a good writer, though. However, I still try my best, as I mentioned earlier.

I do plan to start a blog about health, but suddenly the thought of starting a blog about fictional stories came in my mind and I believe that despite that I may not be a good writer, I can still start a blog in this niche. I am not sure if someone in here have had any experience regarding starting a blog and writing fictional stories, but I think that your fictional story for your blog must have an impact on the reader. Otherwise, your story might sound like a fairy tale that has no value. So have you ever planned to start a blog and publish some interesting fictional story?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My first blog is themed as science fiction and fantasy. I have materials for a book that I could not publish (due to lack of budget) so I decided to create a blog for those stories. They are actually short stories in English that I had wanted to share. When I started the blog I promoted it in social media. I was getting around 20 readers in a day and about 50 readers in a week (publication is once week). To enhance my blog I included some pictures that are related to the story. However, as time goes by it seems that the number of readers did not move like the blog is stagnating. That's when I realized that there are so many blogs about fiction stories of almost all genre. That did not discourage me though because I still continued to write blogs. What killed my motivation is the Adsense program that diminished the rewards from the ads revenue.