3 Must-Read Reasons Nigerian Youths Suffer High Blood Pressure

Jasz

VIP Contributor
3 Must-Read Reasons Nigerian Youths Suffer High Blood Pressure

High Blood Pressure or Hypertension is when your blood pressure is continuously high.

Research shows that more than 20million people are suffering from high blood pressure in Nigeria .25.2% in women and 30.70% in men.

Checking the above statistics , you might conclude that this are mostly the Old. This is not true as many youth fall in this category as well.

Causes of High Blood Pressure

There are so many causes but I will focus more on just 3 that caught my attention :
  • Hereditary :Members of a family can pass traits from one generation to another through genes.
It's possible for people with a family history of high blood pressure to share common environment and other potential factor that increase their risk.

• Lifestyle : Youth should be conscious of their lifestyle as this is where most cases originate. Lifestyle is simply put as the way of life . Tobacco , Alcohol ,Drugs (enhancers and hormonal stimulants) e.t.c. They seem to help you a short time but kill you internally and externally forever .

Your Diet should not be left out. Stop consuming salty food , highly carbonated drinks and avoid too much chemically processed meal. Watch your weight ,observe healthy exercise and also drink a lot of water .

• Mental Stress : Just like lifestyle , I can't conclude which is more high BP causative. So many youths are worn out even before their forties , could it be the cost of living or the general condition of the country ? In all , try not to overwork yourself , do not cross the thin line between deep thought and depression . Put a limit , Anxiety is a health Killer!

Conclusion : If you really read this post , you should be aware of the alarming rate of high BP and some causes . In my next post , I will be exposing you on special way to manage this situation or even normalize it completely , anticipate !