3 Profitable Jobs for Students and Semi-skilled Individuals

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are a student or a semi-skilled individual, you can try these three jobs

Data Entry

Data Entry is one of the easiest jobs to do but also a job that pays well. Data Entry jobs include converting PDF files to Word Documents or vice versa, transferring data to Excel spreadsheets, writing product listings, or transferring products from one online store to another online store, etc. You do not need any experience, just basic computer skills. You might also need high attention to what you are entering. You can get Data Entry jobs on freelance marketplaces.

Virtual Assistant

There is a high demand for Virtual Assistants, especially after the Covid pandemic, where people are looking to hire remote workers instead of full-time employees. As a virtual assistant, you are required to write email campaigns, manage social media accounts, work as customer support, keep product listing up to date for online stores, etc.

Teaching English

If you are using English as a first language, you can find a lot of teaching jobs. Learning English is in great demand in non-English countries. Even if you are not using English as the first language, but have good English language skills, you can start teaching English. There are many websites where you can find teaching jobs.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Virtual assistant is surely a high paying job that can be easily done my semi-skilled people. You can get virtual assistant jobs on fiverr or upwork. There are also other freelance marketplaces where you can get virtual assistant jobs. I have done a number of virtual assistant jobs such as data entry, social media management, creating product listing etc.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have a friend who has a business that is a school for English. Their focus are on the Korean students who are here in the Philippines. At first, I thought that business would not succeed when they offered me to teach. But after some years the school grew by leaps and bounds that now they have set up a branch in New Zealand where they teach English to foreigners there. With the present situation of the pandemic that most of studies are done online I guess the teaching industry has the advantage.

A student who is good in English can teach the language to high school students. But the best market are the foreigners in your country who want to learn English. You just have to converse with the student for an hour or so. Of course, you need a lesson plan so that the teaching will have a direction for the student's learning. And it is best on a one-on-one tutorial so that learning will be quicker.

Mika

VIP Contributor
There is a lot of interest in Learning English in China and East Asia. If you are well versed in this language, you can earn a lot of money. They don't even want you to be a native speaker, they don't want you to come from the United States, Britain, or Australia. All they want is you are proficient in the language. If you have high scores in IELTS or TOFEL, your chances of getting hired greatly increses. On some times, you can earn just by chatting with students, these students are trying to build English language skills through communication

E

eldavis

Here in my location, teaching is one of the most common jobs people go for, some students after their secondary schooling, while waiting for their results to go into the university, most of them usually go for teaching or some work in cyber cafe. There are even some students who while in school they still teach but it is mostly as private tutors for part time gigs.

D

Deleted member 28127

I see a lot of Facebook groups about virtual assistant but I do not know why Facebook is blocking these terms or placing such messages in junk messages of Facebook or signal as scamming activities, may be this is their policy or may there are people how was scammed when searching virtual assistant by Facebook or the third possibility they want that they pay money for promoting their announcement on Facebook or it is related to their chart of terms of services.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
If you are a student or a semi-skilled individual, you can try these three jobs

Data Entry

Data Entry is one of the easiest jobs to do but also a job that pays well. Data Entry jobs include converting PDF files to Word Documents or vice versa, transferring data to Excel spreadsheets, writing product listings, or transferring products from one online store to another online store, etc. You do not need any experience, just basic computer skills. You might also need high attention to what you are entering. You can get Data Entry jobs on freelance marketplaces.

Virtual Assistant

There is a high demand for Virtual Assistants, especially after the Covid pandemic, where people are looking to hire remote workers instead of full-time employees. As a virtual assistant, you are required to write email campaigns, manage social media accounts, work as customer support, keep product listing up to date for online stores, etc.

Teaching English

If you are using English as a first language, you can find a lot of teaching jobs. Learning English is in great demand in non-English countries. Even if you are not using English as the first language, but have good English language skills, you can start teaching English. There are many websites where you can find teaching jobs.
Hi Mika. Hope you are doing well. Thank you very much for your informative post about 3 profitable jobs for students and semi-skilled individuals.
I fully agree with you that data entry, virtual assistant and teaching English are good jobs to make an income, not only for students and semi-skilled people but for all of us. As far as I am concerned, I would prefer the third job, teaching English because I have got a University degree and I like teaching generally and sharing my knowledge with other people. I think that it would be very useful and helpful at the same time if you informed us about any sites you may know where we can find these kinds of jobs. We would really appreciate that, please, because although there is a great variety of such sites online unfortunately most of them are fake and you can waste your precious time and effort on them without getting paid in the end. So, please, let us know about any trusted and legit platform where we can teach English, work as virtual assistants or do data entry. Then we will explore these sites and decide which ones are suitable for us, proceed with our registration and start working there so as to earn some money to cover our needs and the needs of our family. Looking forward to receiving your useful information. Thanks a lot for your time and help.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is a wonderful to be commended. But it would have been better if you include the websites that offer these kinds of jobs and the expectation of each website. Besides, have you tried some of these jobs before personally? This would have been a better way to motivate us to do it . I am not Lucky working on Fiverr . I was told they always favour citizens of the first tier countries than the third world countries. I do also recommend affiliate marketing, drop shipping and paid to post websites for the categories that you listed as these gigs don't require much formal education too.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I have tried those websites for teaching English, but they do not seem to accept me at all. This is making me think that they are not accepting people from my country. This is why I do not even bother to give them a trial at all, as I believe it is not worth it.

Caramelle

Virtual assistant jobs are much in demand these days that some people have formed small groups or online manpower agencies to seek clients and match them with virtual assistants. These remote workers typically receive training prior to being sent out to work virtually for their clients. Students who can communicate well in English and are familiar with office productivity software and social media can be considered for these jobs. The salaries are fairly decent. A friend's daughter, for example, was a stewardess who lost her job due to the pandemic. She attended a free short training on virtual assistance jobs and was on board immediately after the training. Initially, she was on a BYOD arrangement which wasn't much of a problem because she had a PC at home. After a few months, the agency provided her with office equipment to do the job on a work-from-home basis.​