3 top reasons to retire early

Augusta

VIP Contributor
When once we are done with college the next thing is to get employed. This means no time to even enjoy before jumping into tasks and some jobs can be so demanding and time consuming. So the best bet is to retire early. Yes early retirement comes with very great benefits

They are as follows:

Health benefits: You would be preserving your health when you retire from active service early. You don't need to over burden your body with more wear and tear before retiring.

Enjoying Recreational activities: Alot of people missed this out of their lives because of work and more work. Retiring early with give you ample time to travel, visit places and enjoy your hobbies.

Change career : If you have been having it in your dream to pursue a different career in your life, then retire early to pursue it for your self fulfilment.

What's your take?

Wiserr

When once we are done with college the next thing is to get employed. This means no time to even enjoy before jumping into tasks and some jobs can be so demanding and time consuming. So the best bet is to retire early. Yes early retirement comes with very great benefits

They are as follows:

Health benefits: You would be preserving your health when you retire from active service early. You don't need to over burden your body with more wear and tear before retiring.

Enjoying Recreational activities: Alot of people missed this out of their lives because of work and more work. Retiring early with give you ample time to travel, visit places and enjoy your hobbies.

Change career : If you have been having it in your dream to pursue a different career in your life, then retire early to pursue it for your self fulfilment.

What's your take?
That's nice, many people plans there life's how they want it to be ,for me I don't see any problem by retiring early it just depends on you And your decisions.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It depends on the kind of job which I am working on. If it's simply a dream profession which I am into, then their is no need changing my job or retiring early simply to place my health and having free time for recreation, I can't do that. Their are so many of dream jobs I really craved for, if I didn't achieve it, then I wouldn't worry myself to much, it simply means to work it out myself. But such wouldn't make me retire early, when I am doing a different job that isn't related to my field of study provided I am paid well, and cared for.

What matters again is my immense satisfaction and not much of having the time to take myself out and having the time to stay closer to my family more. Remember, even at work, you can still make out time to be with your family, friends, go out and have some fun with them all, have time to take care of your health. Because, your job wouldn't take your time totally, unless you're working in a company or business they is too demanding and stressful which doesn't make sense either for me.

Caramelle

Retiring early sounds like a dream for most people. Who wouldn't want to retire early? It means spending more time with loved ones and just basically enjoying each day as it comes. Sadly, most of us are saddled with responsibilities to earn money and save up for the future. Many will prefer to work and take advantage of opportunities to build their nest egg. Some find work to be a form of therapy and a source of self-pride. Come to think of it, most will work for a limited time of the day and have the rest of the weekdays to themselves.

The trick is to achieve a life-work balance. Don't wait for retirement to enjoy stuff like traveling, staycations, and hobbies. You can plan weekend getaways and short vacations abroad. Avoid burnouts in some areas by enjoying a healthy mix of activities. Take care of your health and body by eating moderately and doing regular exercise. Build meaningful relationships that will enhance your life. These are things that you can make time for while working or doing business. Nowadays, more companies are realizing the value of helping their employees achieve a life-work balance and are attempting to provide a work environment that can achieve that.​

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My father came back to our country he was retired from his job. It was just a vacation and when he went back to the US he wanted to work at age 81. He could still work but unfortunately he was diagnosed with diabetes and he has a problem with incontinence so my sister decided for my father to just stay home. My father said that it is lonely staying at home and he was afraid that boredom would make him physically weak.

I know of many pensioners who are still working not really because of the financial needs but also for the occupation. When I retired at age 62 my thinking was to work online and do the house chores and errands. I was happy with the setup because I don't get bored with something to do every once in a while. Retiring early is an issue for us. In fact, I only retired because of the stress that the traffic on the road gives me. My office is quite far that I had to travel for more than an hour and the traffic makes my trip longer. When you are still young you can enjoy life in some other ways. Do no retire early.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
The earlier the better, time they say waits for no one hence what ever we want to do we should make sure we do it now. We should always make hay while the sunshine. We might be making the error of thinking that we will still have more time but the truth is we really don't have much time when making plans for anything. When it comes to making plans for retirement we must do it now that we ae still very young and strong and can still work very hard. Rather than wait till we are too old and weak and can not deliver anything anymore.

It makes it easier when we start working on our retirements from now and it also makes it very flexible for us.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Retiring early is really awesome, but it will remain a fantasy for majority of people because retiring early is a different ball game entirely, to retire early you have to create an income stream that pays you without actively working and most people believes more in a salary job than a passive income path, so there's a disconnect.

Most people that retire early are business men, founders, inventors and musicians, I've never seen an employee that retired early, because well, it's suicidal, they depend on the paycheck to live and money is never enough.

But as a founder or an inventor you can sell your company and put your money in fixed assets and you get paid for life which you can use to sustain your lifestyle and live out your dreams.

To retire early you have to be in a different path than working a job, because a job can't really guarantee an early retirement.

I've seen some programs come up about early retirement for employees, but most of these programs are for those who earns a big salary which are very minimal in the grand scheme of employees.

To retire early you have to take calculative risks now to enjoy later.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Let me answer your points one by one:
Health benefits: When you retire early, you are not getting any health benefits; in fact, you will become prone to a lot of diseases. I have seen a lot of people diagnosed with diabetes and heart diseases after retirement. Furthermore, going to work or working does not mean you are risking your health. In fact, you are improving your health by being active in your public life. Working does not only mean making money, working also means making your body, mind, and heart fit.
Enjoying recreational activities: Well, this might be true because when you retire, you will have a lot of time to pamper yourself and enjoy your life to the fullest. However, how long can you continue spending money on recreational activities? When you retire, you will have not a good income source, and you will be spending from your saving. How long can you spend your saving?
Change of career: Are you joking? Retiring means you are at a certain age, where you are no longer efficient ad you used to be when you had just joined the workforce. When you said retiring early you did not mean retiring at 30 years, did you?

Austinaldo

Retirement is always a good plan when arranged practically and pragmatically. It seems as though people just focus on money than even think about planing their retirement. We for a few of us who still consider it a thing it is necessary that we secure our old age by making the right investment decisions in our early days. This will ensure everything you have written down in your post and it isn't rocket science really. It is just the way people forget the very important aspect of their lives that causes them to regret and suffer needlessly during retirement. I like that I can retire comfortably to a safe community in a conductive house where my wife can have time to rest and we can both enjoy our lives together as couple. I don't want to still bother ay work after retirement. I mean who wants that? But then again all these are mere wishful thinking if nothing is done in our youth to secure our retirement.

For me what's paramount is peace and plenty time during retirement. I really want to have these when the time comes and everything else can be an addendum. That's just me though. I don't know about others

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Except someone is working for the government, there may not be much advantages for someone that works for himself. If someone works for the public sector which is the government, there is no much to say about the retirement age since the age will be determined by government regulated agencies. Overall advantages of retiring so early may include the following:

There will still be energy to do more of what one intends to do. When we retire so early, we may decide to venture into another business. A family uncle retired as a soldier where he made no much money and later ventured into agricultural activities and now he is worth billion. I am sure he is endowed with that energy to pursue that because of his early retirement.

Apart from this, there may time to stay with family. Family is everything. There are some people that are unable to have quality time with their parents just because they are overwhelmed with works. Retiring early may allow them to spend some quality time with their spouses and also their children.

But for someone that works with himself, he may not really have much advantages, he needs to stay longer with the business to sustain it.