3 Ways to Choose Crypto For Investment

Suba

Staff member
For some people crypto is considered a risky and frightening investment, but for risk takers, crypto is seen as a challenging and promising instrument.

Until now there are only two cryptocurrencies that are considered superior or bluechip crypto, namely Bitcoin and Ether, these two cryptos are considered the safest as investments for both beginners and professionals. However, apart from the choice of these two cryptos, there are still thousands of cryptos. Therefore, to choose crypto as an investment other than Bitcoin and Ether, several criteria are needed to assess a crypto, especially to evaluate whether the fundamental value of crypto is in accordance with its market price. For ease of evaluation/assessment, I will group them into three phases, including:

1. Evaluating the Criteria of a Crypto
1.1. Uses of Crypto
The purpose and utility of blockchain tokens must be clear, for more details read the whitepaper carefully.

1.2. Tokenomics
Tokenomics or token economics, related to the number of tokens, distribution, maximum supply, circulating supply, and also pay attention to the vesting schedule.

1.3. Project Activity
As we know big crypto projects like Ethereum, Solana and Cardano always show their activities through various media,
So we need to evaluate the activity of the project both on: Developer activity, Community on social media.

1.4. Number of Users
The number of users can be used as a measuring tool to determine the feasibility of a cryptocurrency project, the number of users and activity will be very important information during a bear market. We can check the activity and number of crypto users through unique transactions, unique crypto addresses and unique crypto wallet activities. To find data on the number of crypto project users you can use the sites: Dune.com and Gokustats.xyz

1.5. Comparing with Competition
When evaluating a crypto we need to compare it with similar crypto or similar mechanism systems PoS is compared to PoS and PoW is compared to PoW.

2. Metrics of a Cryptocurrency

2.1 Market Capitalization
Market Capitalization or market cap is a measure of the market value of a crypto which is calculated by means of the price of the crypto multiplied by the amount of crypto in circulation. A large crypto marketcap will be more stable in price than a smaller marketcap. We can also group market cap into three categories, namely large cap, mid cap, and low cap.

2.2. Liquidity and Volume
Liquidity metrics and trading volume will affect price fluctuations. The lower the trading volume and liquidity, the more difficult it will be to buy or sell crypto, usually it is only listed on small crypto exchanges, many investors are not interested and the risk is higher.

3. Determining the Best Time to Buy Crypto
Determining the best time or when is the right time to buy crypto is a question that is difficult to answer with certainty. However, investors can pay attention to the trend of price movements of a crypto for at least the last seven days, whether it is stagnant, falling or rising, and what influences this price.

Shaf

Verified member
When I'm choosing a crypto to invest in, like most people, I mostly look at the potential returns and I do know that this is not right. You can get burnt because you may buy at the top, or the fundamentals could be wrong even though your technical analysis says otherwise and prices go in the opposite direction than you expect.

After loosing money in the bear run, I've learnt a lot. I now look at fundamentals first, then I ensure that the coin is not overbought in any way. This is very important because it could have saved a lot of people loses. A coin that is overbought on the weekly timeframe is bound for a correction, and it's not one to buy.

I've also stopped getting attached to altcoins. I was a fan of Luna, but thankfully didn't have money in it when it crashed. Some people had to give up because of the losses they made.

Yakub02

Banned
All these kind of programmes getting crash is another systemic problem that we need to be considering. Coin here coin there, when the Government policy do not cater for the need and welfare of people in the country, a lot of people will be having problem

I have been hearing about this cryptocurrency for a long time and I have information of people that are having coin in million value but their Life has not changed..

Is it because they are not knowledgeable or they are not smart enough to know when to act. No, definitely it is the government policy that do not favor the citizens as regards how to manage crypto currency, how to be gaining front forex trading and the host of other financial benefits derivable.

Whatever opportunity that government desires to turn ti frustration will eventually crash

acepande

Different Types of Cryptocurrency Investing​

When you think of investing in cryptocurrency, you might think about buying and holding one or more crypto coins. Buying cryptocurrency directly is probably the most common way to add crypto exposure to your portfolio, but when it comes to investing in cryptocurrency, you have a few different options:

• Buy cryptocurrency directly: You can choose to directly purchase and store one or more cryptocurrencies. Your options range from the most established digital currencies like Ethereum and Bitcoin to virtually unknown coins that are newly released in an initial coin offering (ICO).
  • Invest in cryptocurrency companies: You can invest in companies with a partial or total focus on cryptocurrency. Your options include cryptocurrency mining companies, mining hardware makers, companies like Robinhood Markets Inc. (HOOD) and PayPal Holdings Inc. (PYPL) that support cryptocurrency, and many others with varying levels of crypto exposure. You also can invest in companies like MicroStrategy Inc. (MSTR), which hold large amounts of cryptocurrency on their balance sheets.
  • Invest in cryptocurrency-focused funds: If you don't want to choose among individual cryptocurrency companies, then you can decide to invest in a cryptocurrency-focused fund instead. You have a choice of exchange-traded funds (ETFs), such as index funds and futures funds, in addition to a range of cryptocurrency investment trusts.

IB D

When choosing a cryptocurrency for investment, it's important to consider the technology behind the coin, the team developing it, and the overall market conditions. Research the coin's whitepaper and its use case to understand how it differs from other coins.

Look into the team's background and experience to gauge their ability to execute on their vision. Additionally, consider the coin's trading volume, market capitalization and overall adoption. It's also important to diversify your portfolio to minimize risk. It's also important to do your own research, not just rely on other people's opinion.

Furthermore, it's important to keep in mind that investing in cryptocurrency is highly speculative and comes with risks.

acepande

When choosing a cryptocurrency for investment, it's important to consider the technology behind the coin, the team developing it, and the overall market conditions. Research the coin's whitepaper and its use case to understand how it differs from other coins.

Look into the team's background and experience to gauge their ability to execute on their vision. Additionally, consider the coin's trading volume, market capitalization and overall adoption. It's also important to diversify your portfolio to minimize risk. It's also important to do your own research, not just rely on other people's opinion.

Furthermore, it's important to keep in mind that investing in cryptocurrency is highly speculative and comes with risks.
It is impossible to predict the future of cryptocurrency and whether or not it will dominate world currencies. Cryptocurrency has gained significant attention and adoption in recent years, but it still faces challenges and regulatory hurdles.