4 Online sites to learn freelancing skills for more money

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Online jobs now needs people that have some skills to tackle some jobs. You can make good money if you are good with programming, coding, web designing, video editing etc. If you don't have these skills there are sites you can learn them almost free of charge. These sites include;

Coursera; Taking courses on freelancing skills like article writing, project management, teaching, graphic design etc for free. So you can go register on the site. You would be given a certificate afterwards but you would pay for that

Udemy; This is another site that you can acquire your freelancing skills almost free. You can learn the skill of designing, coding etc here. Though you might need to pay for some courses here but the cost is always small.

EDX: This is another popular freelancing skills acquisition site. You can take courses on this site for free. If you need technical skills like computer skills or data processing skills then you should try registering on this site to learn them.

Futurelearn: This is a new site for acquiring freelancing skills via their courses unlike the other earlier mentioned ones. But you can still get the best from them if you are looking for technical skills

Are you learning some freelancing skills already?

Mika

VIP Contributor
I know Coursera, Udemy, Edx, and Future learn, Except on Edx, I have accounts on all of these platforms. If you want to become a freelancer but do not have any professional skills, you can use one of these platforms to learn skills and build your freelancing platforms. Even if you have some skills, you can use these platforms to learn additional skills to maximize your earning potential as a freelancer. Coursera, Udemy, Edx, and Futurelearn all are good platforms to learn skills, you can learn anything from graphic designing to writing, marketing, programming, etc. If you have decided to join a learning platform, you might be confused about the right platform. Before you join any learning platform, you need to understand a couple of things for instance the platform you are enrolling, the course you are enrolling for, the course instructor, etc. Udemy is a popular platform, Udemy offers more courses than any other platform, but is Udemy the best? Future learn is not as popular as Udemy, does this mean future learn is not as good as udemy? In order to find out which platform offers the best and which platform is better for you, you need to understand the learning platform.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well stated, these are sites that are great for almost every one registered on this forum since you are freelancing. Online jobs now that will net one good money needs some expertise, you would need to have some skills just posting on sites or forums will not cut it if you really need to start making good money. The good thing is that some of these platforms offers free courses so there's no excuse of no money to learn or acquire these skills

The thing is just to read about the different courses that are offered by each sites then know the courses you want to go for, read reviews about them and then sign up. Signing up on the sites are quite easy. People are making money from coding, graphic design, programming from big companies both online and offline so it will be a plus for anyone to have this skill. You might just find yourself working with some good companies

Yeah I totally agree with you, it isn't about how popular a site is, it is about the skills that you wish to acquire from it. So to get effective studies then go for the sites that you would get learning experience from.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Freelancing is currently one of the most lucrative online ventures in which a lot of people are developing much interest on. Sometimes, many people always comes with the question "how can I learn a skill that would make me money on different freelancing platforms?." The truth is that there are several skills anyone can learn on the internet and probably make some good amount of money on freelancing platforms provided you are serious and committed enough.

Platforms like Udemy can probably help you too learn a lot of skills and actually make a lot of money for yourself. Some of the skills you can learn on this platforms are graphics designing, copywriting, web designing, content creation and a lot of them. Graphics designing particularly is a very good and lucrative skill and that is the reason why there are several people learning it currently.

As a graphics designer you can venture into freelancing platforms and start applying for jobs and probably make some good amount of money on the long-run. As a graphics designer you can also work for people who are into affiliate marketing and they will pay you handsomely.

After acquiring the skills and you venture into freelancing platforms and you are not able to get a job then you can use different social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook and a lot of them to market your skills and probably there are people who will pay you to work for them.

Ajebo25

Verified member
I think the best ways by which freelancers can make money is my first learning a skill there are many ways by which they can learn a skill they can either learn skills offline or online they can acquire skills offline by going to cyber cafe and other places in order to learn a skill whether graphics designing app development programming and other skills but if they want to learn online they will have to join other courses like udemy and what is which will teach them how to make money well as a freelancer and other skills like graphics designing and other things which they need to know as a Freelancer.

Also when you're a Freelancer there are some websites which you should work on like fiverr and up work this our website which you can freelance on and get clients which will provide services for them and you will get paid you can get paid in Bitcoin directly to your bank account PayPal or any other payment method which the website supports that you can get paid in you should always work with time because there are some websites that has time for you to complete each task from a client so if you don't watch your time and the time goes by they are probabilities that you can lose the project

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Hi everyone! Thank you for taking the time to share with us this useful information about the 4 online sites to learn freelancing skills for more money. The truth is that today more and more people are interested in working online and especially in becoming freelancers. Freelancing is a very popular earning method around the world because it is considered to be very profitable. I have heard that a lot of people make money from freelancing daily. Of course, it is important to have some skills in order to become a successful freelancer and make some good money from it. Regarding the 4 online sites you mention in your thread, I believe that they are really very helpful for those people who want to become freelancers but, unfortunately, they do not have the skills required for this type of business. I am sure that your post will help them a lot.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Yeah, I'm learning a digital skill and these platforms you've listed are very good and with appropriate work ethic you'll be able to learn whatever you put your mind into.

Personally I haven't used any of these services but I've heard good reviews about them.

When I wanted to learn my current skill I didn't have enough money to purchase any course so what I did was YouTube, that's what really helped me tremendously and what's really notable is, you're not paying for anything and you get the value as the ones that purchases courses.

The only advantage is those that bought courses will enjoy mentorship which one of the most important thing when it comes to learning a digital skill, some mentors will even find your first paying clients for you which is really a plus because you'll have a headstart in your industry.

Another equally important aspect is the discipline it requires to see an online course to the end, I know a lot of people that bought courses and do everything possible to get them started but they lost themselves in the process and still won't be able to finish it.

Nice article by the way, really valuable.

uforwealth

Verified member
Online jobs now needs people that have some skills to tackle some jobs. You can make good money if you are good with programming, coding, web designing, video editing etc. If you don't have these skills there are sites you can learn them almost free of charge. These sites include;

Coursera; Taking courses on freelancing skills like article writing, project management, teaching, graphic design etc for free. So you can go register on the site. You would be given a certificate afterwards but you would pay for that

Udemy; This is another site that you can acquire your freelancing skills almost free. You can learn the skill of designing, coding etc here. Though you might need to pay for some courses here but the cost is always small.

EDX: This is another popular freelancing skills acquisition site. You can take courses on this site for free. If you need technical skills like computer skills or data processing skills then you should try registering on this site to learn them.

Futurelearn: This is a new site for acquiring freelancing skills via their courses unlike the other earlier mentioned ones. But you can still get the best from them if you are looking for technical skills

Are you learning some freelancing skills already?
If you really want to become guru in any skill, use both paid and free courses to acquire more knowledge.

Learning skills through free courses is not enough and can never be enough to be skillful. Although , If you don't have money you can stick to free trainings to acquire knowledge but it won't make you an expert in the field of your choice.

Paid courses are the surest ways to acquire more and useful knowledge like professionals. I have gained a lot from paid courses because the instructors or the owners of the courses put their best into them realizing the huge of money they would make from them. I'm learning skills almost every day and acquiring knowledge from paid courses.

A good example of places to purchase paid courses is Udemy. I bought all courses from Udemy.com and have never regretted buying from the site in my life.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thanks for sharing. Out of the four you just mention , I only have an idea of Udemy and that is the most popular ones here . That is what so many people I know are using to learn any profitable skill of their choice
Well I don't really know much about learning a skill online like you just said but I have an idea at least a little concerning how to learn it from people that are doing it already . I always believe this to be the best because here you can just ask question and you can interact with the person to help you on what you do not understand.

Well if you think both of them are the same , there is no problem with that. At least people will be able to Tulane a profitable skills that will help them make money online as a freelancer or maybe as a trader of forex or cryptocurrency.

And another thing is that , what are the possible disadvantage of learning a skill from people directly and learning from these online platforms , is there any disadvantage in both of them. If you have any idea I would like you to share with me.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Udemy is even the most popular and it seems a lot of people are very much comfortable and are likely to learn any of their favourite skills on Udemy.. I have much understanding about Udemy. There was a time I bought a simple course on graphic designing there.

Personally if I am interested to buy another course there , it will definitely be about cryptocurrency trading or forex trading because that is what I will be moving into as soon as I have the money. I understand it is among one of the profitable ways of making money..

It is possible for us to learn any of our favourite skill with those platform. The most important thing is not really about the learning process but how we have to make sure that the course we bought are carefully studied to a point of becoming a full complete expert. This is the challenge I had .