5 reasons why working overtime is'nt a bad idea

King bell

VIP Contributor
Working overtime can be a great way to boost your career. Here are five reasons why working overtime is not a bad idea:

1. It can help you get ahead.

Working overtime can help you get ahead in your career. If you can show your boss that you're willing to put in the extra effort, it can pay off in the form of raises and promotions.

2. It can help you learn new things.

Working overtime can also help you learn new things. If you're working on a project that is outside of your normal job duties, you can learn new skills and knowledge.

3. It can help you build relationships.

Working overtime can help you build relationships with your coworkers. If you're working on a project together, you can get to know them better and build a stronger working relationship.

4. It can help you earn extra money.

Working overtime can help you earn extra money. If you're paid hourly, you can earn time-and-a-half for the overtime hours you work.

5. It can help you boost your productivity.

Working overtime can also help you boost your productivity. If you have a deadline to meet, working overtime can help you get the work done.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Working overtime is good if one has the stamina and time to carry it out why not? This is not as if you would be done free, you still get paid at the end of the day. This is how I used to make my extra bucks at my previous place of work. Funny enough some places of work even pay more for overtime which was what was happening in my place of work too. You get paid twice of the usual amount because people didn't like working overtime and the employer needed to bring an enticement that will help or lure people to want to do the work so I opted for it sonedays that I was strong and days I really needed quick money because you would be paid almost immediately as you finish the work.

For with overtime you make money, learn more on the job and get used to your job.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
For me , I do not see the need to be working all that when you have so many things to take care of in your life . I will not be spending the rest of your life working in any organisation from morning till the required time dispersion I did have to work extra. The only way I can do this is only when they are ready to increase my salary for the extra time I have work but for any other reason I may not be particularly interesting, in most cases even with extra payment I won't sign an agreement to work extra.

I don't see the need for me to be spending extra time to be working to learn new things when I am already qualified in my area of concentration. Personally I do not like working for any organisation generally then talking of working in extra Time. This is only on rare occasions even if I have to.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Working overtime is always a matter of choice in some companies while it is a must in some companies in my country. This means you may be paid for working overtime in one organisation and not paid for doing the same in other organisation. For instance, in my country, if you work with the banking sector, it is mandatory to work overtime and no one is paying you for that. Sometimes you may even finf yourself on weekends. Whereas doing this in some organisations will attract money.

To me I have to consider some factors before I can decide to choose to work overtime or not. If there is a pay for working overtime, then I can do it. With this global economy meltdown, there is need for one to double the hustle. One needs to make sure that he works more than the actual working hard not for anything but to increase the productivity of one.

Aside this, working overtime may make one be skillful. One can easily learn somethings along the course of working overtime. There are some skills that may be learnt with that. However, there may be many reasons for us to becareful while working online to avoid complications

Richee84

Working overtime in a place of ones work might be very taking, overtime work has direct positive relationship with the level of production, cause as the hours spend on production increases so also will the production increases. So on the part of the organization overtime help to keep them ahead of their competitors by having excess good and product on ground at customer demand.
But for the worker or staffs who are engaged in overtime, there must be benefits attached to it before they can enjoy the overtime work.
Overtime usually come with extral income apart from the normal salary they are paid for. When worker can see the benefit to be enjoy from working as overtime worker they will gladly accepts the offer to work overtime. Aside the extral income attached to working overtime it is also an a venue to improve one's skills and confident in the job routine.
Working overtime in some organization might attract certain incentive and packages that ordinary they will not give to the workers during their ordinary day to day business.
Overtime help workers to perfect and get use to their routine work as they have more time to concentrate more on their work compare to their other colleagues who spend lesser time with their work.

Dora Wi

These can be benefits indeed. You just always have to be careful to not let your employer take advantage of you thanks to your strong work ethic.