A Skill or a Business?

Holicent

VIP Contributor
For some, learning new skills is more important than starting a business; for others, it's the other way around. Ask yourself:

1. Do you have an idea that you want to pursue? If so, then starting a business is probably what you should do first. If not, then learning a skill is probably your best bet.

2. How much time do you have? If it's limited (and most people's time is), then it would be better to learn something rather than start a business right away if the former takes less time.

3. Are you looking for something with more security or flexibility? Starting a business could provide both of these things depending on its type and how much effort goes into maintaining it, whereas learning something might only provide one or neither depending on what's being learned and how much effort goes into learning it.

A business is when you engage in a or when you set up a budget that you are going to make money from it but a skill you have to learn it for some years before you can make money from it.

There is no clear answer when it comes to determining whether a skill or a business is the best option. Both have their own unique benefits and drawbacks that should be considered before making a final decision. Skills can be beneficial because they offer a way to generate income without having to worry about things like marketing, customer service, and other administrative tasks. However, skills can be limiting in terms of income potential. Businesses, on the other hand, have the potential to make more money, but they also come with more risk. Additionally, businesses require more time and effort to get off the ground.

How did Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk, Larry Page, and all other entrepreneurs build their businesses? Did they choose business over skills? Well, you need to be very clear on one thing you cannot start and make your business successful if you do not have skills, expertise, and knowledge. Let's say I have zero skills, now tell me how do I start a business, and what kind of business can I start with zero skills? Some people say if you have money and if you can put in a great team, you can become a successful business owner even without skills and knowledge. Well, you need money and a team to run your business, however, just because you have funds and a team to help you does not ensure success if you do not have any knowledge of the kind of business you want to start. Therefore, there is no way you can choose a business with skill. If you want to start a business, first build knowledge, skill, and experience in the relevant field. If you have skills and knowledge, instead of starting a business you can also work for other cmpanies and individuals and earn money and gain experience.