Advice for someone whose business crashed?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
A lot of us may have tried so many businesses in the past which did not stand the test of time, and this has made us to end up in a very frustrated state that we ever thought possible. This is probably due to the fact that we soon realise that all the expectations we had about the business could not come to pass again as no one enters a business without having some good expectations. In this high aspirations, some even go the far extent of taking loans to make sure they have got a good financial foundation for the business, in order for lack of capital to not make the business fall.

After all these steps taken and one's business does not go as they expected of it, what do you think the person should do in this case that would enable them to bounce back stronger than they were? Because this is not something which one would take for granted since it can even lead to high level of frustration.

Personally, I believe people In this case should first try to understand what was the reason for the business not going like they planned.

This is the best way to come up with a solution.

What do you think?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It is always so depressing especially when you have committed a huge sum of money into a particular business then at end of the day the business is not successful for you to regain back all the money you have invested in the business. This could push so many people into depression because of hopelessness and how to start all over again. Generally this is not always an easy situation in the life of such people that have experienced this in their life.

If you are interested to give advice during this period of time you have to advise the person to stop over thinking because over thinking is dangerous , then you can possibly sort out some of the things with the person and help the person with some word of assurance that will possibly help them have a hopeful thinking..

It's not always easy but we do not have any other option than to face the reality because that is just the reality and we shouldn't just give advice to people in this situation only , we should always be there to assist them whenever they are in need of people because this really indicates that you really care about them.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I know it is painful for someone's business to crash down after series of trials to keep it running, still, it isn't running up to that level of expectations. The advise I can offer is for the owner of the failed business to think way forward, figure out what led him failing in the business, get better strategy to hit the mark next time and become successful than repeating failures every time. In business we should adopt different plans, in case one isn't working out before our business hang's on the fringes we can swap to another and gradually moving it forward.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
hat sounds like a real setback. You're probably feeling discouraged, hopeless, and angry—I know I would be. But I have some advice for you.

First of all, don't give up! It's easy to feel like the world is against you when your business crashes and burns. But the reality is that this has happened to people a million times before, and plenty of them come back from it stronger than ever. Don't let this blow discourage you from doing what you love; there are other ways to make it happen.

Secondly, stop trying to do everything yourself! If your business crashed because of something you did personally (like putting all your money into an investment that failed), take a step back and ask yourself why you made that decision. Was it really because of something you thought would work? Or was it because you felt like no one else could do it better? Whatever it was, try and learn from it so that in the future, you can make better decisions by soliciting help from others who know better than you do in specific areas where they have expertise.

Finally, keep looking on the bright side! As bad as things might.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Business crash is not a common phenomenon. It happens for various reasons. Some of the reasons may be unavoidable while some of them are avoidable. Whether the reasons are avoidable or not, the following may be some of the advise that can be rendered to such a business owner.

There is need to learn what caused the first crash. This can be done personally by observing keenly to know the root cause. Expert can be as well employed to do so as well.

And as well, there is need to audit the business account regularly.

Mikes smithen

Verified member
If you are in a situation whereby your business just crashed there are certain things that you can do to find comfort. You must first of all look for those things that causes your business to crash and make sure to take note of them in case you want to reestablish that same business again. Another thing you must consider is on how you will gather phones in establishing the business and that can be done through the various methods and strategies of seeking for business forms and funding business activities.

Leah Kelvin

Failing in business is one of the hardest experiences, but it also gives a chance to develop. Admitting what is happening, absorbing lessons from errors, looking for assistance, deciding on new alternatives, making financial plans that are viable and important, then health matters before anything else and being recovered. Take note of small victories and concentrate on future triumphs. Challenges are stepping stones to resilience and personal growth: they must be embraced. Review the mistakes made and think about what led to a failure. Put yourself among optimistic people or talk to mentors for advice. Have a financial plan as well as self-care when under stress. Do not stop pursuing goals in any way you can’t become resilient by giving up not yet—Stay persistent and ready to change your approach towards achieving desired outcome(s). No matter how little, celebrate progress and accomplishment(s). You will emerge stronger after bouncing back if you have the right mindset plus support system(s).

Etini

Valued Contributor
When someone fails in business, it is normal to feel bad. I have been there before. One thing I would tell such a person is not to follow the advice of people that would be say you should give up on the business. It is very okay shut down the business but not to give up. When I faced same situation, I just shut down, took time to re-strategize, gain more insights and come back armed with the new knowledge you gave found. It would surely bounce back.