Alison: Upskill and Learn For Free

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you want to learn online, Udemy would be your obvious choice, right? Even if you don’t want to use Udemy, you would be using Skillshare, Coursera, Edx etc, All of these platforms offer paid courses. However, there is a platform as good as Udemy, Skillshare, Coursera, or Edx but completely free. The platform is called Alison

Whether you want to upskill, change careers, or explore hobbies and interest Alison is for you for completely free. Currently, there are 1234 courses on Business, 704 courses in Management, 867 courses on IT. There are also a lot of courses on personal development, language, health, etc. Alison offers certification and diploma courses.

If the site is offering free courses how does it actually make money?

Well, the site has a premium version where you receive certificate of completion and ad free experience. But this is absolutely not necessary.

Alison is available on web and mobile platform, therefore, learning is simple and easy.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I know Alison even though I have never taken any course on this platform. This platform is just like Udemy, where you can join courses created and uploaded by the users, the only difference is you do not have to pay for courses on Alison. The main problem with these courses, not just on Alison but even on Udemy is, that these courses are created by users which might lack quality. If you are learning, you will have to learn from the experts, I think Coursera or even Masterclass are better platforms. However, I also believe that if you do not have money to spend on skill development, there is no harm in trying a platform like Alison because you have nothing to lose. While choosing the course make sure you are enrolling for highly rated course because the course with high rates are generally considered the best courses (because a lot fo students rayed positively)