Are candlesticks the best trading indicator?

Asahi

Verified member
Candlesticks patterns-indicators of the price flow- have a language that we have to catch to understand the market flow. Gather much candlestick knowledge so you can take advantage of available opportunities. FXOpulence broker offers flexible leverage, narrow trading spread and flexible margin level that lower our trading risks.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
If they're not the best then they're basically the most useful because you can use only candlesticks to make money in the market without any use of any indicator or whatsoever, hence when a trader has developed his skill set, he'll ditch every indicator and adopt just a candlestick chart, that should tell us something.

I am of the opinion that if you learn how to read the candlestick patterns you'll make outsized profits than someone that's wasting time reading about indicators, because price reflects on candlesticks and most indicators are lagging indicators anyway, I'll put my money on candlesticks any day and any time.

FinTrader

I use candles only as confirmation of signals from my trading strategy. They look good on H4 and above, where candlestick patterns work out better than on smaller timeframes.