Are Online Freelance Writing Job Sites Worth It?

Ganibade

Verified member
If you want to start selling articles and blog posts online, you must first find clients who require that type of work. But how do you go about doing that? There are numerous websites available nowadays that allow buyers to find writers who can complete their writing work for them. But how good are they?

To begin, I should point out that not all of these websites are alike. Some charge membership fees, while others allow you to join and use their services for free.
You will also find that some have both options available. In this case the paid memberships usually bring you far more in the way of benefits than
free ones. for example,
Some online freelance writing job sites are unquestionably superior to others. They may have a broader range of jobs available to them, as well as a higher pay rate. It may sound mercenary, but before bidding or accepting a job, always double-check the payment for the writing needed. Avoid very low rates and, if possible, look for higher paying ones.

You might find that a few lower-paying article jobs are a good way to get started because they will help you build feedback and a portfolio. For starters, the experience is valuable, but as you advance in your career, you should look for higher-paying positions.

Caramelle

I do think that writing for content mills is one of the best ways to start a freelance writing career. I had a pleasant experience with a local freelance writing site. Their interface was seamless. The site administrator posts jobs and the writers can claim one of them and submit the output within 24 hours. The rate wasn't that good but the site offered bonuses for productivity. I remember being paid $3+ for every 500 words when I was just starting. The rate and bonus increased when I was promoted to the next level. I also had access to better-paying writing assignments.

While the rates are relatively low, we can increase our earnings by completing the job faster and claiming more assignments. Writing ebooks was particularly lucrative. An ebook could have 10,000 to 40,000 words and takes a week or more to complete. There were also projects that required us to post events on an events website.

There were no issues at all with payments. The site paid us through our bank account or other money remittance system. I felt that I was gainfully employed without the usual restrictions of employment.