Attributes that can help one succeed in a Tech Career.

Etini

Valued Contributor
A tech career today is very rewarding. Everything revolves around ICT and if you are a professional in ICT, the odds are that you are or would be making it financially because these professionals are hot in demand. As a techie myself, what are the attributes that can guarantee a successful tech career?

The first thing is that you have to be inventive. You have to be able to create something in your mind and try to actualize it in the real world. Techies like web designers and graphic designers create mental pictures and reproduce them on the system. Another attribute is that you should be able to pay attention I details. There are fine details that can make or mar your work, miss them and watch your work turn into something else. Another attribute needed for a tech career is that you must be a good listener than a talker. A good listener digests all the facts in a conversation. It is necessary so you can deliver on clients' expectations.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The IT industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the US economy and you can get a great job with a good salary. For those who are interested in learning more about how to enter the field, here are some reasons why you should consider a career in IT:

The demand for IT professionals is increasing. The IT industry is projected to grow at a rate of 7% over the next five years. This means that more than 700,000 new jobs will be created after this time. That’s why it’s so important for everyone to have an understanding of what it takes to work as an IT professional.

You have the opportunity to make a difference. The information technology field has many opportunities for those who are willing to take on challenges and adapt quickly to changes. You can help improve processes and processes that support business operations, which means your skills will always be needed. You could even become an expert in one area or develop expertise in multiple areas that are important for your organization’s success. Just like you said and I had stated before, your skill is needed, you need skill to function in this field, and you should be able to pay attention to details too.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
The tech sector is one of the lucrative career one can get himself in, currently, there are a lot of tech shortage worldwide and so it is very ideal if one can get into it now.

No one knows what will happen in the next couple of years, to succeed in the tech industry you have to be willing to work alone and also make your own personal research.

I'm a software engineer currently l, and I do take In some freelance projects from time to time.

How I got here was actually through putting in the work without slacking, I started learning in 2020 and currently I'm a full stack engineer, I learnt everything on Google and I do have some nice community around me that are really helpful when one get stuck on a technical problem.

Positioning yourself for an opportunity will involve, working on your networking skills and reaching out to recruiters personally.