Beware of supplements that may be fake

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is an issue I have with our government. When you buy a supplement there is a disclaimer at the bottom that says No Approved Therapeutic Claims. In other words, the packet of herbal supplement powder which has a caption to prevent diabetes or to avoid cancer has no proof. It is just a claim but there was no conclusive studies that I even think there is no study at all on the efficacy of the herbal supplements.

In our country it is a law to include the disclaimer of No Approved Therapeutic Claims to the pack of supplements unless the supplement had undergone laboratory tests and clinical trials. In fairness to the real supplements there are herbal supplements that have approved proof and the efficacy against diseases is for real. For safety purposes I never buy herbal supplements that have no approved proof of the claims. I just buy fresh fruits instead that can add to my nutrient needs.

Samuel72

Verified member
Over here in my country we have agency that inspects every product and if you found any product that is already outdated or fake it is good for you to report to this agency so they can take action on it, it is the duty of the government to investigate such products and bring the company to Justice, because an individual will not be able to do such job.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This is something that the government really need to put more effort and try as much as possible to prevent all these things because it is rampant in all countries of the world especially here in Africa that most people produce fake products and this fake products can be so dangerous that it can sometimes kill.